Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

TV on a PowerMac 5500 w/ AV card

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
TV on a PowerMac 5500 w/ AV card
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2006-02-16, 01:09

I just got ahold of an old PowerMac 5500/225 today, and it has an AV card installed, with composite and S-video in and out. I've already hooked my Apple ][e up to it, so I know the composite in works. :smokey:

I was just wondering if there was any way to view TV on this. I know Apple made a TV Tuner card that goes in the AV card slot, but I probably won't be able to get ahold of one of those. Is there some sort of TV-without-a-screen I could use that just has coax in and video out?

Alternatively, if anyone has a TV Tuner card for one of these, I'll be happy to take it off your hands.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-02-16, 01:54

I used to have a bunch of tv tuner cards. No idea where they are now though. I have several old macs with them installed. Works very well.

You should be able to find them on ebay.

Or you can find an old VCR which will have its own tuner and just plug the VCR into the jacks.
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2006-02-16, 03:10

I checked eBay for tuner cards, but they seem to be rare enough that none were listed. If you can find any of yours, I'll buy one off of you.

But what's the 'VCR' thing you speak of? I'll have to give that a try in the meantime.
VL-Tone

2006-02-18, 18:28

It's simple, take a VHS video recorder, plug its composite output into the video input of your Mac and voila! There you have a tuner for your Mac... you can even use the remote