AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck
Page 6 of 10 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-24, 01:39

SOMEONE is building an enormous statue of Arthur Dent having an argument with a Nutrimat dispenser. At least, that's what it looks like.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-10-25, 00:50

It was (is?) an attempt at freestyle building in a cartesian universe.

Clean lines are easy when everything is perfectly linear.

Also: I will not likely be on Minecraft until Nov 4 -- vacation and interview away from the US...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-25, 19:47

Bruce don't lie.
I know it's the Arthur Dent statue.
Please finish it and publish it to that Minecraft site.
We'll be famous.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-10-26, 10:01

So I now have a Book of Mudora on SSP to test some things out for when we upgrade the server. I like!
¡Damned!

2011-10-26, 12:23

HC SVNT DRACONES

That is all.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-26, 15:45

Will I never understand another MC related conversation again???
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-10-26, 20:20

For what it is worth, I somehow lost my 1.9pre2 .jar file, so unless someone has a link to one or a means of getting one to me, I'm stuck out of the server until we upgrade. I think I thought I copied it, and hadn't.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-26, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
For what it is worth, I somehow lost my 1.9pre2 .jar file, so unless someone has a link to one or a means of getting one to me, I'm stuck out of the server until we upgrade. I think I thought I copied it, and hadn't.
This still works:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Time for a server update!

Here's the beta 1.9-pre2 client jar: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre2/minecraft.jar

For the uninitiated, installation instructions are:
  • Quit Minecraft.
  • Download the new jar.
  • Go to your home Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin folder.
  • Replace the old minecraft.jar with the downloaded one.
  • Restart Minecraft!
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-10-27, 15:29

Re: 709.

What is this?

I don't know
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-27, 16:04

Oh snap. Jeb just dropped beta 1.9-pre-5. I'll be checking this out tonight, praying to science that it fixes some of the pre-4 nasties.
SpecMode
Wait what

2011-10-28, 02:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Notch on Twitter
Also, the chicken is now a duck.
How prescient of you, Brad.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-28, 07:45

I was flipping channels and caught a MAD cartoon mocking Thundercats in which Internet memes were attacking their castle, groups of creepers rushing the walls to blow up.

Cool on the ducks. Hope we can stop it raining inside, my carpet is soaked.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-10-28, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I was flipping channels and caught a MAD cartoon mocking Thundercats in which Internet memes were attacking their castle, groups of creepers rushing the walls to blow up.
Thatssssss a nice wall you got there,,,,BOOM!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-28, 17:23

Quote:
For your consideration.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-28, 18:41

That's it!!! Great innit?

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-10-30, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
HC SVNT DRACONES

That is all.

Just don't make him angry. He plays rough, ask the sailors....
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-30, 23:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Oh snap. Jeb just dropped beta 1.9-pre-5. I'll be checking this out tonight, praying to science that it fixes some of the pre-4 nasties.
So, pre-5 is good (despite the beefed hostiles), but I haven't had time to update the server and texture pack. Also, I have the long-standing TODO of making the old Bridgeport map available for download (thanks for the reminder Ely!). Probably not tomorrow. Maybe Tuesday. Sorry for the delays!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-31, 09:44

Brad, i found a bolt hole to your mines in our shared cove, down where you have sugarcane planted underwater. I didn't know that you could use cane like that.

Now I've seen other exposed views to underground caverns while taking trips over the ocean... have never been sufficiently unloaded to risk diving down to explore them though.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-31, 23:17

Enough delays. It's beta 1.9-pre-5 time. Get yer' updates, kids!

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre5/minecraft.jar

Updated my texture pack too. Actually, I updated it with beta 1.9-pre-4, but there were no significant texture changes between pre-4 and pre-5.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-31, 23:20

I've been exploring those underwater caverns.... and I think one of you has already been down there!!?? I found the remains of a captured dungeon, took the mossy blocks... if they're yours I'll surrender them... IF I can make it back out alive....

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-01, 00:32

...I made it back alive. I suspect that it was Bruce or Grey who explored those caverns before me because it was all "torched up". I burrowed up and came out right outside of Grey's barn, in a rainstorm so I took a breather there then ran home to roll around in my spoils... so, if you want the spoils back lemme know!

Spec came over to show me how to do cane underwater... pretty interesting. I was able to jump up and put MORE cane on top of the stack I was standing in....

By the way.... I HATE that Notch rotated the freaking world 90 degrees... my ocean sunset is gone now. Pretty crappy solution.

Also, the moon has phases now, if you didn't know.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-11-01, 10:02

I don't quite understand why he rotated it 90 degrees. What was the logic there?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-01, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I don't quite understand why he rotated it 90 degrees. What was the logic there?
"Up" on maps apparently wasn't facing north. So, rather than fix the maps, NOTCH ROTATED THE PLANET. Fuckin' notch, man.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-01, 11:22

Yeah, I don't like the fact that the sun no longer sets by the lighthouse. Totally different view.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-11-01, 12:23

Ludicrous!

Oh well. Does Pre-5 necessitate a new world again?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-01, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Ludicrous!

Oh well. Does Pre-5 necessitate a new world again?
Nope. No new resources and no significant terrain generation changes.

At this point, Minecraft is in feature freeze (save for "minor" things like the final placement of the enderdragon) and should only be getting bug fixes and optimizations until the official 1.0 release.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-01, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Yeah, I don't like the fact that the sun no longer sets by the lighthouse. Totally different view.
If our world doesn't change then I say we Occupy Minecraft until Notch resets the sun.
¡Damned!

2011-11-01, 15:29

Quote:
...I made it back alive. I suspect that it was Bruce or Grey who explored those caverns before me because it was all "torched up". I burrowed up and came out right outside of Grey's barn, in a rainstorm so I took a breather there then ran home to roll around in my spoils... so, if you want the spoils back lemme know!
Those were likely Bruce's if you entered from the deep ocean. I only helped with torching and baddie control.

I have some caverns under the farm that exit underwater, but if you didn't start on the hill I doubt that they're them. Plus, I'm a green cobble whore. You can be assured that I'd pitch whatever I could in order to grab that.

Quote:
By the way.... I HATE that Notch rotated the freaking world 90 degrees... my ocean sunset is gone now. Pretty crappy solution.

Also, the moon has phases now, if you didn't know.
Yeah. The sunset switch sucks. Plus they fixed the stone brick stairs shadow bug, which makes the roof of my barn much less sexy.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-01, 18:46

Okay, I'll make restitution with Bruce when he's back in-game or when the Toshban wears off. Look in the water outside your place for a hole... ride it down into the corridor I made and you'll have easy access to those deep caverns for more mining
¡Damned!

2011-11-01, 18:56

I don't think Bruce will care about green cobble, he's all about the precious metals. If it's just off of my place then it's part of of the Drew/Grey Mining Co. (though, again, I would've taken any green cobble). There are still large unexplored mineshafts/mine hallways in our vicinity. But if it's far enough out in the water to see the farm on your direct right it's all bobsky.

Quote:
Okay, I'll make restitution with Bruce when he's back in-game or when the Toshban wears off.
I read that as "Taliban" - but hilariously it's not too far off. I plan to stick with my ignore list from now on and not respond to terrorists that threaten common sense (and good taste).

So it goes.