Steve looks a bit thin doesn't he?
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-06-15, 16:44

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-15, 16:50

Maybe he lost weight. Went on that Atkins thing.

Hopefully he didn't go on the atkins thing, that would suck.

Steve is a veggie, right? Or am I just crazy thinking that?

Come waste your time with me
HOM
The Elderâ„¢

2004-06-15, 17:15

I've got a theory, but I'm not sure I should share it. Might send people into a tizzy.
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2004-06-15, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
Maybe he lost weight. Went on that Atkins thing.

Hopefully he didn't go on the atkins thing, that would suck.

Steve is a veggie, right? Or am I just crazy thinking that?
He's supposed to be a vegan.
iBrowse

2004-06-15, 19:05

He occasionally eats seafood, not a true vegan. But yes, he does look a bit thin there.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2004-06-15, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOM
I've got a theory, but I'm not sure I should share it. Might send people into a tizzy.
No fair being a tease. Out with it.

He's definitely lost weight in the face (jeez I wish that last bit of hair at the front would fall out). And he doesn't appear to be packing as much into the front of his jeans as he usually does. That's a worry.

(I can't help it if I notice these things. It takes trained eye you know. )
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-06-15, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrowse
He occasionally eats seafood, not a true vegan. But yes, he does look a bit thin there.
those were only rumors, man! there are no kinks in the rdf armor.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-15, 20:45

He does look like he has shed some weight... could have been stress induced and guilt related over not meeting his G5 3GHz prediction. :dons flame suit:
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-15, 20:54

Actually, I think he looks different because we're actually seeing his neck. Doesn't he usually have a mock-turtleneck on. The pic above is simply a crew-neck, long-sleeved T-shirt.

That's the first thing that jumped out at me, rather than any weight loss. We're just seeing more skin than usual.

He seems to have a thin neck, and if you take your finger and cover his neck and just look at his face, I can't tell that he looks any thinner.

It's the chicken/pencil neck, folks. No wonder he wears those turtlenecks!

He looked like he always does in those pics from a week ago, talking to Mossberg on stage at that All Things Digital conference in San Diego.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-06-15, 21:33

Is he left-handed? Just wondering.

If I were speaking on stage, I'd hold stuff with my left hand and gesture with my right.
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-06-15, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
That's the first thing that jumped out at me, rather than any weight loss. We're just seeing more skin than usual.
Bollocks. He's lost weight.

(no date, but definitely a "before" picture)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-15, 22:16

Well, whoop-di-fuckin'-do...so the man lost 10 pounds. Probably the summer heat and running around the building, putting out fires and yelling at people.

Bollocks?
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-15, 22:34

Quote:
Bollocks?
Yeah, don't you remember that Sex Pistols album circa 1977?

"Never mind that Steve Jobs has lost weight - Here's the Sex Pistols!" link

Last edited by Mac+ : 2004-06-15 at 23:59. Reason: added link
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-06-15, 22:37

Two words:

Tantric Sex.
iBrowse

2004-06-15, 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuh Freak
those were only rumors, man! there are no kinks in the rdf armor.
I believe where I read about him eating seafood was in The Second Coming of Steve Jobs, which is a fairly accurate book. (from what I can tell at least)

i thought i used to have a signature
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-06-16, 08:36

Quote:
Bollocks?

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-06-16, 13:31

Quote:
I believe where I read about him eating seafood was in The Second Coming of Steve Jobs, which is a fairly accurate book. (from what I can tell at least)
Yea, don't they serve sushi in the Apple cafeteria? Not that that means anything other than they must have good chefs.

I'm cool with the weight loss thing, as long as it isn't the big CA.
dfiler
Veteran Member

2004-06-16, 14:20

Another theory for the conspiracy fire:
Aspect Ratio Related Weight Loss

Where was this even filmed and broadcast. It is quite common for european television content to look vertically streched when displayed on north american displays. If this picture was captured without aspect ratio correction, steve certainly would appear thinner.

?
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-06-16, 20:03

Quote:
lies perpetrated by the microsoft apologists. . . if steve claims to be a vegan, than he is.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-06-16, 20:15

You don't have to eat meat to be on 'Atkins.'

I'm sure you could be a low-carb vegan with much success...
staph
Microbial member

2004-06-17, 00:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
You don't have to eat meat to be on 'Atkins.'

I'm sure you could be a low-carb vegan with much success...
Indeed. If your aim were death.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-17, 04:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by staph

Last edited by Mac+ : 2004-06-17 at 04:10.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-06-17, 06:44

Quote:
Not really. Most fruits and leafy vegetables aren't brimming with complex carbs found in starchy things like grains, cereals and legumes. Most vegans tend to avoid overly refined sources of carbohydrates too like...um...Pringles. That's what most people worry about.

Hell, lots of Native Americans around here subsisted on acorn meal and berries for hundreds of years. Mmmm, tannin.

Last edited by Eugene : 2004-06-17 at 08:12.
low-fi

Send a message via ICQ to low-fi Send a message via AIM to low-fi  
2004-06-17, 06:56

Don't expect me to quote figures, but I thought it was healthier to be slightly underweight than over, so I am not worried that Steve is looking a bit thinner. I'm sure he has Apple food ninja's to make sure he is eating well

Apparently, they have Pixar food ninja's for John Lasseter, because they realised the asset he is to the company, and they want him to remain as healthy as possible.

Last edited by low-fi : 2004-06-17 at 06:57. Reason: Added bit re: Lasseter
staph
Microbial member

2004-06-17, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
Not really. Most fruits and leafy vegetables aren't brimming with complex carbs found in starchy things like grains, cereals and legumes. Most vegans tend to avoid overly refined sources of carbohydrates too like...um...Pringles. That's what most people worry about.

Hell, lots of Native Americans around here subsisted on acorn meal and berries for hundreds of years. Mmmm, tannin.
As a tea drinker, I fully appreciate the taste of tannin.

I'm intrigued by your statement tho' Ñ if I'm reading you correctly, you seem to be suggesting that most vegetarians/vegans don't eat starchy foods... which is definitely not my experience. Grains, cereals and legumes are vegetables too you know!

I would also seriously worry for the health of any vegan who didn't eat legumes (not to mention starch). I'm not saying a high-protein diet is a good thing (it isn't), but cutting off one of the last remaining sources of it in your diet is just stupid!
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-06-17, 11:16

Beans and rice together are a complete protein. Right, staph?

Mmm. I love black beans and rice.
staph
Microbial member

2004-06-17, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
Beans and rice together are a complete protein. Right, staph?

Mmm. I love black beans and rice.
Should be... corn is pretty good too, which makes me feel less guilty about eating these horrible Doritos while I'm working tonight, and those nights when I get up in the middle of the night and eat a couple of tins of sweet corn...

personally, my favourite beans would be broad beans and those little white ones with brown spots... umm... Borlotti beans? They're ridiculously easy to grow, too. Soy beans are strangely nice too, if a bit floury. My favourite processed bean product at the moment is tempeh.

Time to go back to referencing! Only 13 hours, 26 minutes from dueness!

Anyway, back on topic, from the video I thought Steve was looking rather well Ñ he's lost the slightly dumpy squishiness he had six months ago, but still looks a healthy weight, and was energetic as usual.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-06-17, 12:07

Quote:
Should be... corn is pretty good too, which makes me feel less guilty about eating these horrible Doritos while I'm working tonight, and those nights when I get up in the middle of the night and eat a couple of tins of sweet corn...
I got up the other night and ate a whole can of black olives.

Quote:
personally, my favourite beans would be broad beans and those little white ones with brown spots... umm... Borlotti beans? They're ridiculously easy to grow, too. Soy beans are strangely nice too, if a bit floury. My favourite processed bean product at the moment is tempeh.
When you say broad beans, do you mean 'great northern beans' - large whitish, flatish beans? Hm. Not sure that's the right name. Oh well.

Quote:
Time to go back to referencing! Only 13 hours, 26 minutes from dueness!
Can't even *begin* to tell you of the ineffable joy of being rid of deadlines. Ahhhhh.......

Quote:
Anyway, back on topic, from the video I thought Steve was looking rather well Ñ he's lost the slightly dumpy squishiness he had six months ago, but still looks a healthy weight, and was energetic as usual.
From that 'before' shot - those whiskers hide facial fullness/chunkiness. With a clean shave, that alone makes him look lots different.
staph
Microbial member

2004-06-17, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
I got up the other night and ate a whole can of black olives.
I've been known to do that.

Quote:
When you say broad beans, do you mean 'great northern beans' - large whitish, flatish beans? Hm. Not sure that's the right name. Oh well.
There are some images here. They're certainly big (about 10-12mm long, and 10mm wide), and whitish, with quite a think skin which tends to become very loose once they're washed.

Quote:
Can't even *begin* to tell you of the ineffable joy of being rid of deadlines. Ahhhhh.......
Damn you!

Next deadline to worry about after this one is the deadline for PhD applications...

Quote:
From that 'before' shot - those whiskers hide facial fullness/chunkiness. With a clean shave, that alone makes him look lots different.
Actually, if you look closer, he's by no means clean shaven. He's less hairy than in that "before" shot though.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-17, 13:09

I can't believe this thread is still chugging along

We've got it bad, as a group, don't we?

Is there even a remote chance Windows geeks sit around, giving a flying damn if Bill has lost a couple of pounds and earnestly discussing it? I seriously, seriously doubt it...

Oh, to be a Mac user...the joys and the passion. If I didn't know and love you guys (and wasn't just as bad, in my own ways), I'd mock you mercilessly...