Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!
Page 6 of 8 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2013-08-17, 12:42

I'm up for some naked fighting - that would be loads of fun.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-17, 15:45

It's a rainy day where I am, so I'm in for tonight.

Have you set a time?

What do we need to do with the audio login? Deets!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-17, 15:58

So, as regards timing: I have to run out this afternoon for a few errands, and I might not be back until around 4pm PDT (7pm EDT). So, if we're doing it today, it would probably be 8pm EDT or later, which might not work out for a bunch of us.

Alternatively, we can try for early afternoon (EDT) tomorrow, if that works out better. I'll check the forum and Twitter as soon as I get back, and we can decide on tonight or tomorrow at that point.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-18, 13:29

This did not happen last night, and it's not going to happen today either, conflicting schedules and other chores. Stay tuned.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-08-18, 21:42

sorry guys, i was out fishing all weekend, but yes, a nekkid fight with the ender dragon should be fun
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-23, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Next round: we're taking on the Enderdragon! I've got almost enough Eyes of Ender to open up the End Portal (if anyone has an Ender Pearl or two to contribute, that should be enough), and the stronghold has already been located in a forest to the southwest of spawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
This did not happen last night, and it's not going to happen today either, conflicting schedules and other chores. Stay tuned.
Is this event postponed indefinitely, or are there any plans for this weekend?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-23, 17:32

Oh please let me know, I'm recovering from something and am in front of my machine quite a bit. This would be a lark.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-08-23, 18:47

Im camping this weekend, no minecraft for me.
*contemplates hotspotting with laptop...*
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-23, 19:26

On a mostly unrelated note, I've resurrected the plugin I wrote ages ago for making custom recipes (chiefly used for repairing tools before we had better repair functionality), and I've added one very important (to me!) recipe:

stone slab + stone slab = double slab

I wish I'd thought of this before I'd set down couple thousand odd half-blocks.... better late than never, I suppose.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-23, 23:53

So, by consensus (where by "consensus" I mean "only one person on the server suggested a time so I went with it"), we're starting off at about 4pm EDT. I suggest meeting up near a landmark (say, the Space Needle or the Marketplace) so we can all head off for the stronghold together without getting lost.

If anyone has any better ideas, let me know. Also, anyone who wants to get in on the group voice chat (I think we'll go with Skype unless anyone else has a preference), PM me and we'll get that set up as well. Remember, this is being recorded for posterity, so those who can't make it can enjoy the show on YouTube afterward.
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-24, 16:14

Enderdragon battle: complete! I got the whole thing on video (including the trek to the stronghold, which was a bit of a journey in itself), including commentary by myself, Drew, and Bruce.

One thing I realized when viewing the video afterward was that I accidentally left the debug overlay on for almost the entire video after I turned it on to help find the stronghold entrance. Just...ignore it when you watch the video on YouTube later, OK?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-24, 18:50

Could we do it all over again? It was fun, and I'd like to do it with more people on the Skype call.

OR, alternately, just have everybody go out on an adventure somewhere with minimal tools and no armor.

Just a bareknuckles survival adventure.

Maybe even tonight??

Captain Drew on Twitter
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-24, 19:50

Tonight isn't likely to happen on my end; going out riding before long, at least if people stop setting things on fire...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-25, 00:24

Guess who went into the ding dang fortress and got a blaze rod so he could make a brewing stand for the first time ever?? Guess who now wants to know if anybody has some extra nether wart so he can plant his own batch, instead of going back into the scary fortress a second time??

Captain Drew on Twitter
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-27, 00:02

Alright...because I'm likely to be fairly busy for most of the next week, I just went ahead and snipped off a few minutes of the end of the video and (sorta) fixed the audio in Final Cut Pro, and am now in the process of transcoding the video so it can be posted to YouTube. Since it's likely to take at least a couple of hours and I'm disinclined to stay up very late tonight, it'll probably be up sometime tomorrow, either late morning or in the afternoon when I get back from work.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-27, 13:15

Whoops! Seems I forgot to post my answer to the question about a do-over.

Yes. If we schedule a time for a second assault on the end, I can wipe the world files for the end and we can start anew.

I look forward to checking out the first video anyway.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-28, 20:47

Alright, it took bloody long enough, but the video is being uploaded to YouTube right now.

EDIT: It's up! You can watch in glorious 360p, until YouTube finishes processing the higher-res versions.

(EDIT 2: finally done processing, you can now watch my debug overlay in fantastic 720p!)

Last edited by SpecMode : 2013-08-28 at 22:23.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-31, 00:34

So, we had a little party tonight. InvaderJak/ThunderPoit has a new grain silo by his barn, and what better way to celebrate than fireworks?

http://youtu.be/A0qs12jzv2Q
(remember to switch to 480p... nothing higher because I wasn't recording fullscreen)

That's 709 trying to stand and act all reverent while the zombie hordes approach.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-31, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
So, we had a little party tonight. InvaderJak/ThunderPoit has a new grain silo by his barn, and what better way to celebrate than fireworks?

http://youtu.be/A0qs12jzv2Q
So, after awakening from my sleepy stupor, I made good on my original promise and resurrected the silo in proper brick form. Thanks for the entertainment!
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-08-31, 15:08

Did anybody else get crazy lag during the fireworks? I rode mr noodle to the market to repair the rest of my armor, and it was almost impossible with the lag

Last edited by ThunderPoit : 2013-08-31 at 21:03.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-31, 17:26

Not here...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-09-01, 13:51

I've had that when riding my horse too. I'm guessing it's more an issue of our computers handling the load more than the network since I'm local. Sucks really.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-01, 14:26

Ahh, yes. Riding horses in general is laggy and jumpy as hell. I figured this was just a typical multiplayer performance issue that everyone had. I don't think I've ever had a smooth ride on any of my horses in multiplayer.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-09-07, 10:44

Looks like someone finally found a Mushroom Island. Who found it?
¡Damned!

2013-09-07, 11:25

'twas me. I need mycelium for the park, and the mart price was just a wee bit high.

I'm going to get a bit rapey this weekend with the desert and the Nether, but before 1.7 drops I'm going to put a portal out there and bring some Mooshrooms back to town. Who knows if we'll ever find one again with all the new biomes coming up.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-09-07, 23:09

Cool, glad someone found it. I was thinking about loading the world up locally and then generating the chunks to find it. It's a pain, but it works.
¡Damned!

2013-09-08, 01:04

It was mostly luck, with a bit of remembering roughly how far the damn things were from spawn in the other worlds.

I decided tonight to just get it over with and build the portal. It's not a direct path, but I needed to find an area in the Nether that looked like it went all the way to the top bedrock. That way I wouldn't be building walkways and spending tons of loot right before the wipe. I tunneled up to bedrock, and after that it was a pretty easy (albeit long) path to get out there just clearing out netherrack.

I trekked 4 Mooshrooms back from the island and built a Soup Farm next to the Meat Mart. Please, no shearing (they'll turn into normal cows) and no killing. But, if you want to breed some for your own or just to let some loose in the wild, have at it.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-08, 13:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Cool, glad someone found it. I was thinking about loading the world up locally and then generating the chunks to find it. It's a pain, but it works.
I keep meaning and forgetting to ask: what software do you use to force generation of terrain like that? I'd like to try that out on some seeds locally some time.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-09-08, 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I keep meaning and forgetting to ask: what software do you use to force generation of terrain like that? I'd like to try that out on some seeds locally some time.
I'm pretty sure it was just MCEdit but I don't recall. I haven't done it in a very long time. Last time was pre-tekkit so I'm not certain it will work here. I did it via CLI though. I'll figure it out and let you know. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Foj
Veteran Member

2013-09-19, 12:55

Won't be on the server for a bit, because it updated me to 1.6.4 today without any kind of prompt asking if I wanted to or not. I'm not quite sure how to go back like with the previous launcher. =/

Edit: Never mind! Figured it out =P

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.