MC: Bridgeport Expansion and Revitalization Projects

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Bridgeport Expansion and Revitalization Projects
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-04-13, 15:00

So, I figured there should be a thread for all the goings on in Bridgeport, since everyone seems to be doing something there.

Working on the bar, I stumbled upon a lava cave, and very nearly went in the damn melty shit myself. I guess the bar really *is* flaming! It is sectioned off, but I will deal with the lava removal tonight. If anyone is in need of some lava or obsidian, I'm willing to split it. Planning to remove it all by bucket, so as to not risk losing any drops.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-13, 15:15

I have almost all the dyes I need to finish my house. I just need more black dye. Squids need to be at least like ten times as common.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-13, 15:51

I'd be interested in playing with some lava but will yield to anyone with a pressing need.
arteggio

2011-04-13, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I have almost all the dyes I need to finish my house. I just need more black dye. Squids need to be at least like ten times as common.
How much more black wool do you need? I may be able to help you.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-13, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
How much more black wool do you need? I may be able to help you.
About 180. I'll gladly accept donations.

Especially since I can't get wool from the passive mob trap...
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-04-13, 16:47

Quote:
About 180. I'll gladly accept donations.

Especially since I can't get wool from the passive mob trap...
Yeah you can, you just need a bow and arrows...
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-13, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Yeah you can, you just need a bow and arrows...
I tried that before but they wouldn't drop anything. My connection makes things glitchy sometimes though, especially with wool (I guess because it's not a sprite, unlike all the other drops?), so I assumed it was that. I'll try again later.

Also, I just got HUGE deja vu. Whoa.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-13, 16:53

...and a buddy to collect at the bottom. Or to shoot said arrows.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-04-13, 19:30

Well, the ladders make for easy egress and ingress....
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-13, 19:41

Well, as you all know, I'm building a theatre.

The project is mainly smoothstone, so I just need a source of cobble to cook up (I could use the cobble generator, I guess, but it's just a little slow), wood for the seats (hence my treefarm) and lots and lots of red, black and white wool for the drapes. I've been murdering every sheep I see but I'm more worried about not finding enough roses for red dye - there's lots around but they all seem to have been placed, not natural...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-13, 19:51

If you need cobble, I can help supply. I have a full double chest at my project's entrance, and I've been harvesting so much cobble in the desert that I've literally been throwing it away by the stackfulls.

Also, last I checked, all of the chests in the cobble room at the exchange are packed full.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-13, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Well, as you all know, I'm building a theatre.

The project is mainly smoothstone, so I just need a source of cobble to cook up (I could use the cobble generator, I guess, but it's just a little slow), wood for the seats (hence my treefarm) and lots and lots of red, black and white wool for the drapes. I've been murdering every sheep I see but I'm more worried about not finding enough roses for red dye - there's lots around but they all seem to have been placed, not natural...
You have to go out of your way a bit to find roses. They're easier to find around the edges of the map (and in newly explored areas, not that I'd advocate such a thing) since they were made more common in an update recently.

Now, if only they'd do that to squid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
If you need cobble, I can help supply. I have a full double chest at my project's entrance, and I've been harvesting so much cobble in the desert that I've literally been throwing it away by the stackfulls.

Also, last I checked, all of the chests in the cobble room at the exchange are packed full.
Cobble generator? Exchange? Man, I have got to find these things.

I'll take some cobble too if, y'know, you're just throwing it away anyway. My next project is going to be a lot bigger (and way awesomer!) than my house, but it uses more common materials, so there's that.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-13, 20:26

I'm building a mansion for my home in BP now too. I'm giving the Stairs of Insanity a face lift. I'm sure you all will enjoy the new look too.

Not completely sure of the finished look of the building yet. Me an Mrs T are hashing it out still.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-13, 22:18

I'm not sure what I think of the new look, turtle. Your towering edifice seems to have cursed Bridgeport with creepers!

Thx for the black wool arteggio. Between your generous donation and bobsky's help at the sheep trap I'm well on my way to almost having nearly enough.

I placed a few more torches already but when I get on later I will light up the grounds around my garden better, just in case that's where the creeper came from. Sorry Brad

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-13, 23:02

Quote:
I'm not sure what I think of the new look, turtle. Your towering edifice seems to have cursed Bridgeport with creepers!
Robo's not kidding: Three close encounters tonight! At least one of them was because someone planted trees in BP without dropping torches on top. I fixed them.

Quote:
I placed a few more torches already but when I get on later I will light up the grounds around my garden better, just in case that's where the creeper came from. Sorry Brad
No worries. I escaped it easily enough without damage! I stabbed it once, but apparently I didn't back off far enough to defuse before going back in for the kill.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-14, 03:54

Quote:
I finished cleaning out that chest. Bryson, if you still need cobble or dirt, you can take some from the chests in my little cave right next to your theater. I figured that'd be a more convenient location for either of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Robo's not kidding: Three close encounters tonight! At least one of them was because someone planted trees in BP without dropping torches on top. I fixed them.
I found (and lit) an unlit tree right next to my garden. That's probably where the zombie that scared the hell out of me came from, but I relit my whole garden, just in case.

Baddies also seem to spawn on the top of Bryson's theater

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-14, 11:06

Oh, sorry.... Didn't adequately light it yet. Will do!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-14, 11:55

Hey, I've seen lots of trees with lamps on top of them. Does that mean that they were planted as sprouts THEN had torches placed on them by the "gardener" so that they would take light up higher once they grew? Been meaning to ask that...

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-14, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Hey, I've seen lots of trees with lamps on top of them. Does that mean that they were planted as sprouts THEN had torches placed on them by the "gardener" so that they would take light up higher once they grew? Been meaning to ask that...

I just made a stack of dirt under me, lit the top of the tree, and then got rid of the dirt.

You can build straight up if you jump and click below you.

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-04-14, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

Well they also could just be naturally spawned trees.

Lighting the tops is essential to keep hostile mobs from spawning up there...
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-04-14, 12:41

Quote:

That was me. Apologies. I forgot about the whole mobs spawning on trees thing because I play with fancy graphics so it doesn't happen around me. I'll be sure to torch future trees.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-14, 13:01

I have a picture of the creeper in a tree in the middle of Brideport. He nearly got me - he was flashing when I shot the last arrow.

I did learn that the bottom of creeper's feet are red. Never seen that before.

I won't be able to log on until tonight to light the theatre properly, so if a passing soul feels helpful..... Anyway, theatres are supposed to be haunted, right?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-14, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I won't be able to log on until tonight to light the theatre properly, so if a passing soul feels helpful..... Anyway, theatres are supposed to be haunted, right?
I placed a few more torches to make it more evenly lit. I didn't have a chance to see it at night, but it should be de-haunted.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-04-15, 02:18

The gay bar is fully excavated, and construction on actual structure begins shortly. I seem to be right on top of an explored cave, however. Hoping it isn't a mine. I've dug in in two spots, neither of which are going to be where actual flooring goes, but I was spider hunting. Upon digging into caves, I noticed they were already torched. I've left them open for the time being in case anyone would like to identify, but will close them off once that mystery is solved.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-17, 16:52

Since there's so many projects going up on Bridgeport's east end, would anybody object to me A) moving the "now leaving Bridgeport" sign on the skyway further east and B) changing that portion of the skyway to glass? I think it would be cool to be able to see the theater, bar et cetera from above. (It already has one row of glass, but that's hard to see through.)

If nobody objects, I'll probably tackle that late tonight, when nobody is likely to need it.

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-04-17, 21:20

Robo, I think that's a great idea.

Does anyone mind if I build something here?

Is there a large desert somewhere I can take a lot of sand from? Or would it be okay if I used some of the sand Brad recently added to the exchange?

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-04-17, 21:28

K:

There are a couple of sand mining operations around the map: Kitty Hawk in the South, an area which has been extended further south through various explorations; Dry Dry Desert, just west of Arteggio's town. Dry Dry desert is probably the best area to start with as it is closest to getting tapped out...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-17, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post

Does anyone mind if I build something here?

Is there a large desert somewhere I can take a lot of sand from? Or would it be okay if I used some of the sand Brad recently added to the exchange?
I seem to recall Bryson mentioning a planed expansion to his farm in that area.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-18, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
I switched out the floor of that skyway for glass, but before I do the sides: in the space between the bridge to Turtle's stairs and the tower, there's three cobblestone arches on the bridge. They're all differently shaped and at inconsistant distances. While I'm up there, should I make them uniform? Should I get rid of them? Should I do nothing? I don't know if there anyone's prized irregular arches or something.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-18, 08:01

I'm going to be changing out the skyway into the Stairs in favor of glass too, so it'll look nicer. Cobble worked great when I was after the dungeon look.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.