AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Musk and Tesla are Twitter 1.0

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Musk and Tesla are Twitter 1.0
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-01-20, 15:59

Seriously does Musk know how not to screw something up? The more we see regarding recent and ongoing cases against Tesla, the worse things look for Musk.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/01...o-emails-show/

Between this case over the total lies of the self driving demo, investigations by NHTSA over crashes, data showing that Tesla self-driving increases rather than reducing accidents, the risks of being in one, questions over if they can see motorcycles and more things are looking bad for Tesla and Musk.

I know there are a lot of Tesla fanboys here, so I know some won’t let the facts get in the way, but I for one will never buy a Tesla, at least as long as it is owned or managed by Musk.
Quagmire
meh

2023-01-20, 16:07

As a person that has a Tesla, loves my Tesla, and will likely buy another one down the road as long as it remains the best EV in my view.....

This surprises me...... NOT. I knew FSD was a scam the moment I bought the car. Not worth the $10,000 it was at the time, and not worth $15,000. It is no where close to " Full self driving". It is still Level 2.

Musk is an incredible ass. Knew that before he bought Twitter.

But I have been entertained at the flipping of who loved Musk and who hated Musk since buying twitter.

giggity
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-01-20, 21:56

I for one never thought much of the guy, but plenty of people here seemed like they would have gotten down on their knees before the guy before the Twitter fiasco. Never thought much of Tesla either. I like the EV direction, someday when they are ready for real traveling maybe I'll get one, not a Tesla though.
Quagmire
meh

2023-01-22, 21:16

Before Twitter, I certainly loved his visions at Tesla and SpaceX. Viewed Musk as a Steve Jobs 2.0. Horrible person, incredible ass, but the vision was great or the very least a really good salesman. Very strong reality distortion field.

Now with the Twitter fiasco, I question his vision now. Haha

giggity
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2023-01-23, 10:09

Maybe Radical Transparency is a bad idea if you're actually an idiot like Musk.

Last edited by Bryson : 2023-01-23 at 11:45.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-01-23, 11:16

Same here as Quagmire regarding Tesla and SpaceX. I knew he was an egotistical jerk, how could you not from seeing his interviews, but I didn't realize how deeply it ran to his core and how twisted his vision might actually be. Ignorance was bliss, I guess, but I'd much rather know just how rotten their leader actually is so I know not to financially support any of his antics.

In the last couple of years, I've gone from being curiously interested in buying a Tesla (if only I fell into a a pile of cash ) to despising who the company stands for. I'm very happy to see the rest of the auto industry is catching up with and in some ways surpassing Tesla in the EV/automation space, and I look forward to replacing our two ICEs with competing EVs in a few years.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.