User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Expose Idea
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-06-10, 10:02

I don't know how to do this, so if someone does, it would be very nice.

I've been thinking about getting a Logitech MX 700 or 900. Something similar so I have more buttons on my mouse so that I can do all types of expose without having to hit keys on my keyboard.

How about this? You right click to invoke expose (your choosing of the style). Then either scroll up or scroll down to change the style.

I just know normally I want all windows, but when I'm programming or working in photoshop, it's nice to just see those windows, and not the tons of others I have open.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-10, 10:10

Uh... no, that won't work. Even if Logitech made GOOD drivers, it still wouldn't work that way.

However, the MX500/700/900 has three extra buttons. I just assign F9, F10 and F11 to the three little buttons on my MX700.
ast3r3x

2004-06-10, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
Uh... no, that won't work. Even if Logitech made GOOD drivers, it still wouldn't work that way.

However, the MX500/700/900 has three extra buttons. I just assign F9, F10 and F11 to the three little buttons on my MX700.
I'm saying, either someone writes a program (which you say won't be easy with bad drivers) or Apple implements that idea.

I know the MX mice have extra buttons that is why I'm getting one But I'm saying I wouldn't have to is it was as I said.
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2004-06-10, 14:59

I have a MS Explorer mouse assigned as follows:-

Thumb 1 = Application Windows
Thumb 2 = All Windows
Scroll Click = Desktop
ast3r3x

2004-06-10, 16:31

Ok...the point isn't that you can't get a mouse with more then two buttons and a scroll wheel (scroll wheel being a third mouse button)

The point is that a lot of users are/were happy with a cheap $20 - $40 mouse that has three buttons, and my idea is a way for them to be able to enjoy expose better.