Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

The "Pro Workflow Team"

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The "Pro Workflow Team"
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2018-04-14, 16:27

The recent article by Matt Panzerino about the impending Mac Pro makes a great deal of business about the Pro Workflow Team. I'm assuming it's mostly smokescreen for the news that it'll be 2019 before we see a product, but I think the idea of the Pro Workflow Team is weird.

They're apparently professionals working on "real projects" - but what are those projects? Do they have clients? What do they do with the results? Or is it all just make-work for professional lab rats? Divorcing the work of creatives from actual useful output, meaningful client interaction and continuous scrutiny of their work is sure to affect the process, surely?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2018-04-14, 20:33

I'm sure it will get overanalyzed, but it sounds to me like Apple is trying really hard to get it right, this time. I think the last Mac Pro was a "look what we can do" moment for Apple and they got caught being overly arrogant about the product—more in response to the media's criticism than to their own customers. This time, I really think they are asking themselves what it is that a very small segment of their customer base actually want/need more so than what whiz-bang Apple can shove into a pop can.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)