User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Speculations so easily locked

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Speculations so easily locked
canyon_Carver

2007-07-30, 15:10

Maybe you should rename this section: Speculations are conclusions, opinions, or theories reached by conjecture. Yes, Personal Insight and OPINIONS--placed before factual knowledge.

IF your own moderator rules applied you would lock and delete the "mock-up section" -- that by itself is classified as completely personal "what ifs" ramble.
If we only discussed the products that are real, then it wouldn't be speculation...would it?

SO easily you lock true speculations....Or should we be discussing if the next ipod will have a SHINY or MATTE screen?
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-07-30, 15:13

Oh boy... here we go again...

We're about due for another badbrad...
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-07-30, 15:13

Quote:
Speculation and Rumors:
The purpose of the Speculation and Rumors forum is to contain focused technical and aesthetic speculation about future hardware and software products from both Apple and third parties.
Threads consisting of unsubstantiated individual predictions about upcoming products or wishful thinking about nonexistent or unannounced products are not allowed. Threads that are blatant trolls, offer no content, or are redundant will be locked. This includes threads about the Apple Store being down.
In other words, a piece of speculation should have some thought put into it on why it could make sense.
zsummers
Avast!

2007-07-30, 15:16

Next time (if there is a next time), follow these simple procedures before posting:

A.) Read the Posting Guidelines. Specifically:

Quote:
Feedback is for presenting feedback and suggestions on AppleNova to the staff. If you have technical problems with the forums, be sure to cite any error messages in your post and include as much description of the events surrounding the event.
Do not start a thread in Feedback or make a post in any other forum for the purpose of expressing displeasure with the actions of a moderator or administrator. Comments meant for the staff should be sent directly to the moderators and administrators. If you do not wish to address the staff member with whom you have a complaint, then contact one of the other administrators. You can find a list of the current staff members on the Forum Leaders page. If you have a legitimate suggestion as to how a potential problem could be fixed, express it in a manner which will not be interpreted as hostile.
B.) Look for duplicate threads: Unfair locking of threads. Especially those that violate the rules of above and make it clear you're in the wrong place saying the wrong thing.

C. Think carefully about opening your mouth.

D. Have a nice day.

"How could you falter / when you're the Rock of Gibralter? / I had to get off the boat so I could walk on water. / This ain't no tall order. / This is nothing to me. / Difficult takes a day. / Impossible takes a week."
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-07-30, 15:25

My job here is done.

edit: Also, thread moved.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-30, 15:25

canyon_Carver, you should just PM Brad directly. I understand what you're saying, but I also know, from observation and being here a long time, going about it like this isn't going to help your case much, right or wrong.

PM the admins/mods directly to air a gripe like this, or if you've got a beef with their actions. You'll be lucky not to wind up with a temporary ban...

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-07-30, 15:28

Yey! This place has been too peaceful recently.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-07-30, 15:30

Even if this were a unique complaint, it wouldn't be in the right forum.
canyon_Carver

2007-07-30, 15:47

This wasn't a slam on the administrator--
I was just pointing out the definition of the word Speculation. If a problem reoccurs over and over (since Im not the first and wont be the last)
maybe its design of the structure.

Assessment of the circumstances are probably stating some obvious conclusions.

1. People are confused for the intention of the section based upon its name. (ergo the name change)
2. People need a sections specifically devoted to their freeform ideas.

I for one fully encourage the administrators to create a section specifically devoted to R&D ideas-- Im sure someone at apple snoops these boards, since we
are the devoted who shell out THOUSANDS of dollars for their products...they just might listen here and there.

--Maybe if they did, AppleTV wouldn't be a flop Listen to your customers.
But hey Im sure this will be locked, and my ISP will be Banned....account deleted.......so who am I to say anything, just trying to help Optimize.
¡Damned!

2007-07-30, 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyon_Carver View Post
But hey Im sure this will be locked, and my ISP will be Banned....account deleted.......
déjà vu.

You were funnier (but not by much) when you were trying to mimic other threads.
digitalprimate

2007-07-30, 15:54

Well, maybe if you would have phrased it like:

I'm thinking by the end of 2009, Apple's 30 inch, quad-core iMac will be announced, since I think X will do this and Y will create the situation for Apple to go forward on this.

Maybe then it would've been more like speculation. Because, I gotta tell you, in the post in question, there's very little (if any) speculation at all.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-30, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

My job here is done.
The transparency in that image makes it oh so cooler
canyon_Carver

2007-07-30, 16:21

Ok-- So here is my speculation. Now that they 30" Screen has broken into the affordable level sub $2K, and the Apple Development crew has already designed the 24" iMac, the next logical step would be to see the 30" iMac. I would also speculate that the 30" Imac would house an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 graphics card. Of course this ProiMAC (maybe I should trademark that name now....) should be able to expand up to minimum of 4GB of Ram.

I believe that this would provide the high performance, low footprint design that Apple has been very successful with.

I would hope that this ProiMAC would retail for around $2500-$3500...Hopefully we will see this come to pass in 2008.

**Ps, I love the black knight....its just a flesh wound.
Rehnquist

2007-07-30, 16:23

To be fair your thread was very weak.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-07-30, 17:28

No it wasn't.

The automatic gainsaying of.... wait, that's a different sketch.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-07-30, 18:34

Why is this in the GB now?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-07-30, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz View Post
Why is this in the GB now?
Maybe canyon_Carver needs help.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-30, 18:57

boooogidygooditydooooooo.
julesstoop
Veteran Member

2007-07-30, 18:59

@canyon_Carver:
It's iMac, not iMAC.

Quote:
SO easily you lock true speculations....Or should we be discussing if the next ipod will have a SHINY or MATTE screen?
Quote:
This wasn't a slam on the administrator--
I was just pointing out the definition of the word Speculation.
?
Ryan
Veteran Member

2007-07-30, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Maybe canyon_Carver needs help.
Yeah, spelling iMac properly.

edit: Beaten by Jules!
steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2007-07-31, 02:09

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see anything wrong with his thread, the guy was just voicing his opinion as everyone else does - I would love a more powerful all in one and think over time Apple may just go that extra mile, we went that bit further with the 24", maybe there might be another bump up, at the end of the day, Apple themselves called the 24" a Prosumer Machine, that stepping stone... as technology improves, I think we may see what he suggests..

I cannot afford a Mac Pro AND then afford to buy a large screen... especially a machine made by Apple, a PC, yeah I could, but I don't want that... it feels that I am being constrained to the iMac range due to costings...

You guys are so keen to whip people it's unbelievable... Some of the crap some of the above has come out with in the past that has gone unnoticed, we all have our moments...

Yes, I have read the posting guidelines and have re read them to the ones that live and breathe (and keen to quote every 5 minutes (and those themselves who slip up)) but chill out and take a banana for heavens sake!