Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Post your computer setup pic
Page 4 of 48 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Last Thread Tools
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-08-27, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
I have a pic now. I just moved back in and am still setting up equipment, but that's my beautiful desk
It's good to finally see your setup, LoCash. And it's good to hear that you moved back in. How's the heat and humidity in the ATL?

That pair of SGI widescreen displays does look nice. SGI were way ahead of their time with those. I remember an Internet cafe in Zurich that had dozens of them. I still don't understand why everybody started dumping them at relatively low prices some time after their introduction.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-08-27, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermonkey
That monitor must hurt your eyes vvickes.
It was free. . . and until it dies, I refuse to replace it. ..

(please die soon. .. please)
Prince GFono

2004-08-27, 20:56

I have such an awesome setup!

Dual 2ghz G5
1 GB RAM
233 GB Hard drive

15 GB 3G iPod

17" Studio Display

12" 500mhz G3 iBook
320 Mb RAM
10 GB hard drive

JBL Creature II speakers

Drawing table with various sketchpads and several sets of Micron drawing pens
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-09-28, 21:43

Woo hoo! Finally got the new setup rolling here.

iMac G5 setup pics

It's niiiiiiiice.

I know, I know... the room needs some serious decorating.
El Guardo

Send a message via AIM to El Guardo Send a message via MSN to El Guardo Send a message via Yahoo to El Guardo  
2004-09-29, 01:16

I like how the desk matches the base of your iMac murbot - makes it look as though the computer/monitor is floating......
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2004-09-29, 06:23

Ooo Ooo can I play!

Notice my 'Walrus' Dual G5 with pens to keep the DVD front open after British Airways tried out skydiving with it or something! The entire case is warped by about an inch. I actually use a pair of boxers (I don't wear anymore to balance one side of it, otherwise it rocks!) It arrived in Bangkok after being Air Freighted in it's original packaging but it had either been in a plane crash, or driven over by a truck - British Airways (the scum) won't tell me which!!!!!

It still worked when it was pulled out of the box though! Good old Apple!

The legal case still goes on!!! Hence I am still having to wait to get it fixed.

Could I ask tht everyone boycott BA and bombard their servers with SPAM until they cough up for their mistakes... Cheeers!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-29, 08:05

Wow, murbot...now THAT is a very nice computer! I dig the Hulk's comment at the end (should've put it in a comic book balloon).

Does it (the iMac) weigh much?

I saw my first real-life iMac G5 this past weekend at CompUSA in New Orleans. It was the 17" combo drive model, and it seemed really heavy. But it was truly gorgeous, further confirming the fact that NONE of Apple's staged PR beauty shots truly do their gear justice. They don't capture the sleek, glossy sheen and the thin clear acrylic casing. And even the Leno chin on the 17" doesn't appear so huge and offensive in real life.

Keep this one until AT LEAST MWSF, murbot!
Gizzer

2004-09-29, 08:29

Quote:
murbot
Woo hoo! Finally got the new setup rolling here.

iMac G5 setup pics

It's niiiiiiiice.

Nice pics Murbot - good to see you finally got it! (Mine's not due for dispatch until next week some time <Drums fingers>).

The wireless combo you've got set up really show off how good it looks without wires. I've already got the bluetooth mouse (for my iBook) & I'm now thinking I should shell out for the keyboard & use them both on the iMac. The less wires coming out the back of that thing the better. My existing iMac has every single port full plus a USB hub.

This time around I'm plugging the printer direct into AE Basestation, using AE in Mac instead of Ethernet cable & buying the BT keyboard & mouse will free up 2 of the USB ports. That's 4 less crappy cables & four times the hi-tech coolness . Still means I'll have four wires in the remaining ports but that's better than 8.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-09-29, 10:16

It was time to move on, Murbeau! Nice new setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt
Notice my 'Walrus' Dual G5 with pens to keep the DVD front open after British Airways tried out skydiving with it or something! The entire case is warped by about an inch.
Wow, that sucks, scratt. But at least you can still do work with it. Airlines just blow monkey bullocks. I'm still waiting for a US$4000 refund from American Airlines for new plane tickets they forced me to buy after my wife and I missed a flight in Switzerland due to a driving accident in snow over the holdays.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-09-29, 14:20

This is my latest setup:

All pics can be seen here.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-10-03, 23:55

My turn.

PowerBook 800 with 80 GB drive and SuperDrive and 1 GB RAM.
iMac 20" with 160 GB drive and 1 GB RAM.
Soundsticks, iSight, USB hub, wireless Logitech MouseMan, 60 GB portable FireWire drive.
Wireless keyboard box and Apple IIGS Woz Limited Edition Signature Series as computer stand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coffeetable.jpg (33.6 KB, 849 views)
HHogan

Send a message via AIM to HHogan  
2004-10-09, 19:13

HP Tc1100 tablet

19" viewsonic on my PC

Toshiba P20 notebook

22" ACD with PMG4

Lots of stuff not pictured, not big enough room
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-09, 19:17

What are the specs on the G4? Is it a Gigabit Ethernet or a Digital Audio model? Both excellent machines btw.
HHogan

2004-10-09, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
What are the specs on the G4? Is it a Gigabit Ethernet or a Digital Audio model? Both excellent machines btw.
Dual 500 GE bought it as soon as it came out with the 15" ASD LCD... ended up costing me almost $7000 cdn at the time... I want to upgrade but honestly its tough because it still does everything I need to at apretty good speed. Only thing I'd like to do is pop in a Geforce 2 or something with ADC because I'd like to use Quartz Extreme.
EmC

2004-10-09, 21:50

I have several setups.

First is my desk where I do homework and set my PB when I am in my room.

Second is the PeeCee setup. My parents use it some, but I run F@H clients and play a few games on it.

The last is my PVR setup, record all my favorite shows and play them back on the TV. Also use the firewire port on it to charge my iPod, disabled the port on XP, it still charges, just doesn't mount.

What Adobe Updater‽ What‽ What‽ WHAT‽
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-10, 03:41

My PC setup. The Mac is down and to the right, out of view. They share a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucasetup.jpg (65.8 KB, 973 views)
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2004-10-10, 11:04

I should kill you right now!

...but I can't stop looking at the Mustang. But some day! Some day, when you least expect it - pow! Back of the head with a hockey puck mouse.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-10, 18:43

Oh yeah, another one. This is the inside of the compy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucapcinside.jpg (100.5 KB, 940 views)
HHogan

2004-10-10, 20:18

Damn thats bare, my PC looks like a jungle lol
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-10, 20:39

I guess mine is above average, but it's still pretty messy compared to this:

Found that one at Ars Technica. It looks like the same case as mine, but a slightly higher "trim line" so to speak.
HHogan

2004-10-10, 23:08

My trusty old Athlon 1800 with 1.5 gigs of ram and 5 HDs :smokey:
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-10-13, 19:07

Here's my setup at work. 15" TiBook on the left, blueberry indigo iMac center, and my own 12" AluBook on the right.

Man, it feels good to work at a Mac-friendly company! Oh, and did I mention that we use a few Xserve RAIDs (among various other non-Apple hardware) in the local server room too? Yeah, we just got a couple more recently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brad-work.jpg (55.0 KB, 757 views)
File Type: jpg brad-work-xserves.jpg (55.4 KB, 730 views)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-10-13, 19:12

Brad, is that a Blueberry or Indigo iMac? We have a "five fruits" 400MHz Blueberry DV model at my job and it's much lighter/more turquoise-looking than the rich, deep blue of the Indigo.

Might just be the lighting in that pic.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-13, 19:12

OMG

EDIT: That looks pretty Indigo-ey to me. Plus it has a Pro keyboard and mouse - the revision that introduced the Indigo color was also the first with the Pro KB+M.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-10-13, 19:20

D'oh! Indeed you are right. I forgot that the name changed to indigo at one point.

It's definitely indigo because the blueberry stopped at 350 MHz and that iMac has a 400 MHz G3.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-10-13, 19:28

Yeah, those were really nice models, those iMacs released in the summer of 2000 (Indigo, Ruby and Sage).

After all those months (all of 1999 and the first half of 2000) with the bright fruit colors and accessories, the deeper, richer colors in that new line-up (especially the Ruby!) were a cool change.

I always thought the Sage model was gorgeous. Just the slightest hint of cool mossy green. Those models just didn't seem to make much of an impact, sadly. And eventually gave way to the Blue Dalmation and Flower Power designs.
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-11-08, 01:46

Yup, that 2000 summer lineup had some nice features and price points... (first $799 mac, "pro" keyboard and mouse)
I got my now defunct $999 indigo way back then.

I also have some pictures finally!
My charger is still broken, but my brother took some pictures of my cousin crashed car (he is fine) and there were some extra exposures left. He happened to take pictures of both my iMac setup and where I use my TiBook the majority of the time to waste the roll. He also got a Kodak picture CD (by accident) so now I have .jpgs of them that I can post.

note the box to the right where the waiting-to-be-replaced power supply is. (These pictures are a few weeks old, I like to procrastinate.)

This is where I spend the majority of my time when I am online.

Quite a mess, but livable.

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-11-23, 16:55

Someone has to save this thread from page 3 humiliation.

This shitty setup pic could be attributed to a messy office at work, the fact that I was wrapping birthday presents for my daughter, or the fact that someone has a stack of catalogs in here that I couldn't resist setting my PowerBook on.

It could also be attributed to the fact that murbot is on a strict health kick and has sworn off the sauce for a couple of days now, and I'm just not use to functioning sober. Oh sweet beer, I pine for you.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-11-23, 17:26

Well, the beauty part about having the powerbook is that I don't really have a 'setup'

I do all my recording on my bed, and most of my web surfing on either the coach or the beanbag chair.

here's a snap of my apartment

I'm sitting on that beanbag chair right now, here's a picture I just took

Windows Breaker G4

Send a message via ICQ to Windows Breaker G4 Send a message via AIM to Windows Breaker G4  
2004-11-25, 20:13

Here is my lab that i work at

20" but now i have a MDD 1ghz instead of the 800 qs shown. That is an epson 10000 connected via Firewire that i print with on a regular basis

This is my G5 mac os X server

http://homepage.mac.com/amerchant/PhotoAlbum18.html here is my lab, but i have rearranged since then. Some day I will take new pix but yea i have too much work right now.

I have a 17" PB i use here at home and at work that is mine.

here is a work screenshot