Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Brad's new SimpleWorldWarp plugin
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-24, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
but wwarp is broken as well.
So, in secret, the past two nights I've taught myself enough of the Bukkit API to completely rewrite the creaky old third-party "WorldWarp" plugin completely from scratch. I call my creation "SimpleWorldWarp" because it's exactly that. Unlike WorldWarp, my new SimpleWorldWarp plugin doesn't rely on redundant configuration files, doesn't use deprecated methods, uses the latest and greatest version of the Bukkit API, and is one svelte little piece of code.

/wlist and /wwarp [worldname] are now at your disposal via my new plugin.

edit: Sad panda. Apparently Bukkit isn't smart enough to start up non-default worlds on its own, thus necessitating some redundancy in the config files.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-02-24, 23:44

Sweet. Thanks Brad!

BTW, are you going to publish it or keep it in-house? Just wondering.
¡Damned!

2012-02-25, 00:50

WOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks Brad!

Imma take the initiative to stock the exchange with loot from the old worlds, if nobody minds (I really need to organize the current exchange better anyways). This weekend is a bust, but next week for sure.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-25, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Sweet. Thanks Brad!

BTW, are you going to publish it or keep it in-house? Just wondering.
I might throw it up on bitbucket or github or something. I'll post the link if I do. I want to rewrite another plugin or two (the "BedRestore" one perhaps), and maybe tinker with some new plugin ideas if I can make the time for it…

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-02-25, 03:16

One bug/unexpected behavior I discovered: I used /wwarp world_lg while I was already in Loch Greene, and instead of taking me back to spawn (which is where I was intending to go), it spawned me in the middle of the ground somewhere (I warped to another map before I could get coordinates/suffocate to death). So, be careful about trying to warp to a world you're already occupying.
¡Damned!

2012-02-25, 07:27

That happened a few times to me with the old wwarp as well, where it would spawn you underneath spawn if you accidentally warped to the same world.

I went to BP last night for a smidge, but logged on this morning and the worlds were replaced with End and Nether. DO NOT wwarp to the End. You will be stuck in an endless death cycle.

Thanks a million for the TNT Brad!

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-25, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I might throw it up on bitbucket or github or something.
https://github.com/infinitewarp/SimpleWorldWarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
One bug/unexpected behavior I discovered: I used /wwarp world_lg while I was already in Loch Greene, and instead of taking me back to spawn (which is where I was intending to go), it spawned me in the middle of the ground somewhere (I warped to another map before I could get coordinates/suffocate to death). So, be careful about trying to warp to a world you're already occupying.
Hmm. I may change the behavior to abort warping if you're already in the specified world. Thoughts?

That said, I'm pretty sure the "materializing underground" thing is a bukkit issue. Sounds a bit like the issue people used to have when respawning in BP a few blocks underground.

edit: Also, there seems to be an issue with some of the old worlds not being available. Investigating!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-25, 23:40

Thread split!

I have a new version ready to install once Turtle gets the server back online. The new version fixes the issue with worlds disappearing after the server restarts (which is what happened this morning in the wee hours).

I'm also pondering a fix for the "falling through the world" issue that happens when the server is thrashing to catch up upon warping across worlds, but I don't have that ready yet.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-25, 23:41

In the mean time, if anyone wants a neat MC desktop background (centerpiece?), I made this earlier today based on the grass block in my texture pack:

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-26, 00:43

Installed the new version on mc.applenova.com and all seems well!

Current normal worlds include:
  • world (the current normal world)
  • world_bp (the original world: Bridgeport)
  • world_sedona (the second world: Sedona)
  • world_lg (the third world: Loch Greene)

¡Damned!

2012-02-26, 09:40

And there's my new iPhone background. Thanks Brad.

[edit]: and shared if anyone else wants them (I darkened one a bit for my home screens because I do that sort of thing )

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-02-28, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Imma take the initiative to stock the exchange with loot from the old worlds, if nobody minds (I really need to organize the current exchange better anyways). This weekend is a bust, but next week for sure.
So, with the massive amounts of rendering I've been having to do the last few days I've found myself with time on my hands waiting, and as such I'm about 90% through the process of moving community loot from CommEx 1 (BP) and CommEx 2 (LG) to TN before the Great Move v2™.

My biggest conundrum is food stuffs. In TN I was hoping to keep all of that in the Comm Farm, but that was just me being anal. Does it make sense to put a food chest in the Exchange and leave the farm to just be, well, farmed?

[edit]: Oh! I meant to mention this first of all: bobsky - I moved dirt from next to the trap to the Exchange as well. Lemme know if that's OK. If not, I'll move it to the atoll (I'd hate for it to be left behind (T-T-T-T-Terraform!)).

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-02-29, 02:49

That's great, 709!!!
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-02-29, 11:01

Damn, you've been busy, 709!