User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

I am selling my MBP and need help on pricing

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I am selling my MBP and need help on pricing
steven moffat

2006-06-19, 10:15

15 inch Macbook pro. 2.16 intel. 100 gb hard drive, 80 gb external hard drive. All original software and Office, Toast titanium, Stuff it 10.0 Adobe CS 2, Boot camp with windows. the external hard drive has 11109 songs on it. I am selling due to the fact that my job does not require me to travel anymore and i dont need this computer. I plan on selling this and buying an Imac. I was thinking of asking 3200. Is this too much?? I want to sell it but dont want to get bent over. thanks everyone
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-06-19, 10:21

Are you offering the program install CDs? If the answer is no, then you are asking way too much for your laptop. Also, do you have CDs for those 11109 songs?
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-06-19, 10:22

First off, you should at least not advertise the songs on the external hard drive. Some people leave stuff on there anyway, but advertising it will get your sale attempt pulled from most places (including here).

Secondly, unless you're including all the original CDs and stuff for the software you're including, that's way too much. I'm assuming you know that... because you can get a standard 2.16 GHz MacBook Pro for $2500 new and an 80 GB hard drive for around $100. I'm not sure on software prices, but you can always check eBay or Amazon to see what they generally sell for.

Personally I think you might be better off selling everything separately. You can list it all together somewhere (not here; you don't have access to the Bazaar) but you might have better luck selling the software separately.

Last edited by Luca : 2006-06-19 at 10:53.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-06-19, 10:23

It would be illegal for you to sell the hard drive with the songs on it, unless you offer all the original CDs along with it.
¡Damned!

2006-06-19, 10:23

Why are you selling all the software as well? Surely you could use them on your new iMac.
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-06-19, 10:44

I wonder if the songs are legal in Canada as long as you make friends with the buyer beforehand.

steven moffat

2006-06-19, 12:13

thanks for all your help everyone. it does have 2 gig of ram as well. i will probably keep the external hard drive