Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Amazon Product Ratings

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Amazon Product Ratings
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-29, 12:45

While my experience is that most products are carefully detailed and thoughtful reviews (sponsored and not) included, the first page of the new Star Wars DVD trilogy really irks me no end.

Notice the very first review, when it was posted (and therefore by definition what product it could not possibly refer to), and then all the subsequent reviews and their comments relative to the newer product.

Go to the bottom of the page, click off the missing important details thing and then type in your thoughts about this BS. Many people out of habit will assume that like every other product, newest reviews come first for the new DVD trilogy... it's very misleading IMO.

Here's what I wrote:
Quote:
I only have ONE question. Why is a five star review, from JUNE OF 2003 (i.e. this product was NOT available at that time), on top of all the other, more negative reviews from SEPTEMBER 2004 (i.e. the reviews actually referring to THIS product)? This is careless at best and tampering with actual customer responses at worst, to make the product look better than it actually is (or at least better than how it's getting rated TODAY).

I suggest you not insult long-time customers' intelligence and do what you do on every other product page (most recently accepted reviews go to the top of the list).

...into the light of a dark black night.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-09-29, 12:59

From the bottom of the review:

"--This text refers to the VHS Tape edition"
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-29, 13:27

Yes, so why is it even on the DVD page? Moreover, why is it on TOP of the DVD page? It was put there intentionally, as the default behavior for their product pages once reviews are approved, is most recent first.

I would understand your argument if all the other subsequent reviews were also for the VHS edition, but they're not. Amazon left this fluff review (and it really sucks BTW) on top for a reason....

...into the light of a dark black night.