User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Installation Issue With Flash 9

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Installation Issue With Flash 9
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2007-05-07, 14:14

Ok, here's my problem, I install flash 9, it goes as planned, then the browser pops and it says flash hasn't been install. I'm logged in as admin and I have used the uninstaller beforehand. I use a PowerBook G4 1.25 GHz with OS X 10.4.9 and all possible updates installed. What could be my issue?

Retired 8 years ahead of schedule.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2007-05-07, 14:34

Did you quit and restart your browser after installing?
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2007-05-07, 14:37

I did quit beforehand and it automatically opened the browser to their site where flash wouldn't work and I'd get a message to go download flash from the site I originally got the download.

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-05-07, 15:13

Are you using Safari?

There's something in the Preferences where you need to get to and turn on to allow Safari to use Flash or something like that.
cosus
Veteran Member

2007-05-07, 16:02

Evertything is enabled.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-05-07, 16:09

What's the URL of the site?

I've seen a few sites erroneously report that a plugin such as Flash isn't installed. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same problem.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
cosus
Veteran Member

2007-05-07, 18:15

It doesn't work on the initial site that pops up here.
cosus
Veteran Member

2007-05-08, 19:30

I have no idea what the issue could be nor could I find any reference to my problem in their database, anyone have an idea?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-05-08, 19:39

I wish I could help, but I'm mostly drawing a blank.

Try removing the Flash plug-in (/Library/Internet Plug-Ins) and reinstalling.
Try clearing caches and logging out/in.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
cosus
Veteran Member

2007-05-09, 03:42

So... I deleted any flash related plugin and it ow says when I tried to install that I didn't have enough access priviledges and I know I'm logged in under the admin account. :/ So, hell, I'm out of ideas.

cosus
Veteran Member

2007-05-17, 21:22

Ok. I finally got it to work. I used your advice and deleted the plug-in manually which led to me getting "1008:5,-500 Access denied error". Finally I just googled that text and brought me to the Adobe website which instructed me to use the permission repair utility and now it works. Thanks ya'll for all your help!