User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

apple 2.0 update - "accessing itunes store" ????

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
apple 2.0 update - "accessing itunes store" ????
matt

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via Yahoo to matt  
2008-07-11, 08:24

i have been installing the 2.0 software for the past 30 mins, and now i am just sitting idle trying to "access the itunes store"? i am thinking of pulling the iphone off the cradle as this seems to be hanging. i am sure the store is getting slammed right now. has anyone stopped this process??
matt

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via Yahoo to matt  
2008-07-11, 08:34

well i unmounted my iphone and ripped it off the cradle, works great but i wanna sync up all the new apps i downloaded yesterday. so i reconnected and same issue. just hangs with trying to "access the itunes store". how frustrating.

i wonder if the new purchases are being locked up as well, that would suck.
turano

2008-07-11, 09:36

My Phone is giving me an accessing Store error as well, but I cannot do anything with my phone...it's been bricked! and was never Jailbroken or anything fully stock.

Giving me an error when I click on the iPhone device area says its having problems accessing the iTunes Store...I can't even see my phones properties in order to restore it!

Turano

13" Blackbook 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 20" Cinema Display
SilentEchoes
Unique Like Everyone Else

Send a message via AIM to SilentEchoes  
2008-07-11, 09:53

Its just server overload. It will get through eventually and finish the upgrade.

If you need to force a restore, turn off your iPhone and disconnect it, then hold the home button and plug it back in. Keep holding the home button and iTunes should restore.

WARNING: Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-07-11, 12:36

If you bought an app in iTunes and download it from the phone it will tell you that you've already paid for it and ask you if you'd like to download it again. Might be worht a try to get to some of the apps you've paid for but can't get to through your computer.

Not that your iPhone might have better luck getting though to iTunes servers.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.