User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

New to Macs and Need ALL new Setup for School, Where do I go now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
New to Macs and Need ALL new Setup for School, Where do I go now?
zman2005

2005-02-05, 22:43

Hey, first off i would like to thank everyone for help in this lil thread. Next fall I will be going to College and I have decided to get a PB or iBook. I know a decent amount about computers but I am no expert as some of you are after reading manyu posts. Where do i start? Is and ibook or PB the better choice for me? I need something fast, up to date, can do multi-tasks, and powerful. Should I buy a new PB now or wait until TIGER is installed on them in a few months? Should i get the ADV discount i think it was or the regular EDU? Where to buy an APPLE? What accessories are essential? What if i buy a PB now, when TIGER comes out do i have to shell out 150 more bucks? Should i try to buy an old 1.3ghz 15in PB for cheap or not worth it.. I know alot of you will look an laugh at some of these questions, but i would like to get the perfect setup for my dorm and get the nicest computer. THANKS FOR THE HELP ALLLL

Paul
Veteran Member

2005-02-05, 22:49

Cross-posting is bad
see my reply in this thread. I'm sure a mod will come along to lock/move/merge the correct threads soon. Bad form.

Last edited by Paul : 2005-02-05 at 22:56.

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-02-05, 23:59

CLICK.
What Paul Said - please do NOT cross-post (the same thread in different forums).
No original content here so I'm not going to bother merging.