Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

What time does the WWDC keynote begin?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What time does the WWDC keynote begin?
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2005-06-05, 21:26

Invariably, on the day of an Apple-sponsored event -- whether streamed live or delayed in broadcast -- a number of posts appear that ask the question, "What time does [the event] begin?" To ameliorate the anxiety of posters and prevent unnecessary clutter of threads, I'm proactively tossing this information into the fray.

According to the horse's mouth, Steve Jobs' keynote begins at 10:00 AM Pacific Time on 6 June. This breaks down in the continental U.S. as follows:
  • Pacific Time Zone: 10:00 AM
  • Mountain Time Zone: 11:00 AM
  • Central Time Zone: 12:00 PM (Noon)
  • Eastern Time Zone: 1:00 PM

For those of you in other parts of the world, this equates to 17:00 UTC. A list of prominent cities with corresponding times (Daylight Saving Time adjusted) can be found here.

Finally, a couple of handy internet resources to decipher time zones and such follow:

The World Clock - Time Zone Converter

GMT Time Converter

NB: I posted this in General Discussion since it seemed (technically anyway) to be the most appropriate forum for this post. However, if the mods wish, they may move it to the Speculation and Rumors forum to mingle among the other WWDC threads.

Last edited by LudwigVan : 2005-06-05 at 21:45. Reason: Clarification
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2005-06-05, 21:30

Well, that's 3 a.m., Australian Eastern Standard Time; and 1 a.m. whatever the time in Perth is called.

Edit: that's a cool link you've got there!

Last edited by staph : 2005-06-05 at 21:31. Reason: RTFA
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-06-05, 21:36

woo hoo - 1 am in China too ... staying up won't be such the burden it was in Melbourne ... though I expect for you staph you never had problems keeping those hours.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
JK47

2005-06-05, 23:03

Just wondering if the Jobs keynote from the WWDC will be available for a quicktime stream like in years previous.....

Does anyone know if the stream will be live and what time the confrence starts?
I didnt watch the stream live (if it was available live) last year so im a bit of a newbie to all this stuff.....
Thanks for your responses in advance.............
pilot1129

Send a message via AIM to pilot1129  
2005-06-05, 23:10

10 am is when it starts.
pilot1129

Send a message via AIM to pilot1129  
2005-06-05, 23:14

it should be stored on the quicktime site for access after the live event right?
unfortunately have to work from 0900 - 2100 tomorrow, eastern time
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-06-05, 23:16

It wasn't available online last year until afterwards, IIRC. Usually, they just put it online a couple of hours after the keynote ends. Personally, I'll be putting myself into a communications blackout until the stream (usually available at http://stream.apple.akadns.net) is online, and I can catch the RDF in all its Jobsian glory.
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2005-06-06, 00:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK47
Does anyone know if the stream will be live and what time the confrence starts?
I can't comment on the first half of your question, but the second half was answered by pilot1129. I should point out, however, that the keynote begins 10 AM Pacific time. See here if you need help converting to a different time zone.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-06, 00:37

Threads merged.
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2005-06-06, 03:46

6PM here in the UK. IF there is a live stream I could watch it while eating my dinner. Imagine the heartburn that would cause!!!
staph
Microbial member

2005-06-06, 03:58

In other news, MacRumors appear to have put a lot of effort into getting an AJAX powered live update going. If their claims about its scalability are true, it may well be the best place from which to get our updates…

Find it here.
staph
Microbial member

2005-06-06, 04:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
woo hoo - 1 am in China too ... staying up won't be such the burden it was in Melbourne ... though I expect for you staph you never had problems keeping those hours.
How gothic do you think I really am? Unfortunately, my body seems to be slowing down a bit, not helped by the whole getting to work at 9 a.m. thing.

Next time I'm a full time student, well, it'll be about lunchtime.
cannabizcamille

2005-06-06, 04:15

wuhu nice i m gonna watch it from byron bay australia
(hopefully watch it)
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-06-06, 04:22

Just some gentle ribbing - I had a hunch you were a hardworking 9 to 5'er these days.

Although, that last comment leads me to belive you're heading back to FT study?

twitter
staph
Microbial member

2005-06-06, 04:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
Just some gentle ribbing - I had a hunch you were a hardworking 9 to 5'er these days.

Although, that last comment leads me to belive you're heading back to FT study?
Actually, I'm still a full-time student, I just happen to work about 25-30 hours a week as well…

…I'm hoping I won't have to work whilst doing a doctorate though, which is what I meant.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-06-06, 04:36

Not wishing to monopolise the thread totally, but best of luck with the Ph D staph ... and to get this back on track, um, yeah GO Keynote Woo-hoo!

Set your clocks folks.

twitter
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2005-06-06, 08:22

I wonder when the front page of Apple.com will change from having a TV tracking widget talking about "Viewing shows you could be watching...right now" being the top story and picture to the iPod Video where you can watch TiVo to go shows on the go(or right now on your computer) being the big picture.
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2005-06-06, 08:34

The keynote will start at 7pm here, and that will be exactly during the time I had planned for my workout. So instead of sitting in front of the computer, hysterically clicking "reload" every second, I will relax and burn some calories. And when I get home, I'll catch up on the completed story
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2005-06-06, 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by staph
In other news, MacRumors appear to have put a lot of effort into getting an AJAX powered live update going. If their claims about its scalability are true, it may well be the best place from which to get our updates…

Find it here.
I hope this thing can handle the traffic. They are going to get hammered today if they only prepared for a normal Stevenote instead of the Intel Stevenote of Doom.
staph
Microbial member

2005-06-06, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
I hope this thing can handle the traffic. They are going to get hammered today if they only prepared for a normal Stevenote instead of the Intel Stevenote of Doom.
On paper it looks really scalable and cool. I suppose it's going to get one hell of a stress test!