White Video iPod 28 53.85%
Black Video iPod 19 36.54%
Red Video iPod 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Which iPod color would you get now?
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-02-02, 21:00

If the new red AIDS awareness iPod is released, which color would you go with now if you could get one?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-02-02, 21:01

I haven't heard anything about a red AIDS awareness iPod.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-02-02, 21:02

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1506

Ive been thinking about getting a Video iPod, just curious as to what everyones thoughts are.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-02, 21:03

White.

It's THE iPod color, and will probably hold up - and not seem as dated and tied to a particular trend or era - a few years from now.

Black iPods just look like any other digital gizmo (phone, other mp3 player, etc.). I understand why they're popular and why folks dig them, but they're just not for me. I want the iconic "you know it's an iPod when you see it" look.

onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2006-02-02, 21:05

White, the black one is for little kids.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-02-02, 21:11

I gotta go with white, too.

I love bright colors, and I love being different, but oddly enough, my ideal iPod collection would consist of a white iPod, a silver iPod mini, and a black iPod nano. I'd have a nice gradient thing going.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
MacConvert

2006-02-02, 21:16

I've got one of each. My 4G is white, so I went black on the 5G I ordered early January. I voted black to show that purchase.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2006-02-02, 21:41

I showed my age and said black.
noah

2006-02-02, 21:57

White all the way. It doesnt show any scratches. And its classic. Plus it looks better with my powerbook.
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-02-02, 22:03

I don't understand why they don't offer the Nano in different colors, like the Mini. Black is so ... standard. Why not some nice colors? Those Minis were really pretty.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-03, 02:43

Probably a bear for manufacturing/inventory purposes (like the old jellybean iMacs).

I imagine it's a gazillion times easier just having white and black (or just white) and not 5-6 colors. Some just aren't gonna sell, and you're forever trying to move stuff around and keep hot colors in stock, trying to figure out what to do with the ones that aren't selling well, etc.

Tough to go wrong with basic black and white, I guess.

Besides, there are so many third-party companies out there making cases and sleeves for the iPod...and they can more more colors, patterns, graphics etc. than Apple EVER could. I'd never expect Apple to give me my ultimate orange iPod. But I know about 5-10 places I can turn to if I really wanted such a look (and it ain't permanent - just a form-fitting case - so I can change my mind, switch out a few looks, etc. if I wanted).

mrkamputee

2006-02-03, 11:35

I'd go with the red to be honest. However, I think I have some sort of bizarre colour obsession.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-02-04, 13:50

So, I'm thinkin about breakin down and getting a black video, but I was wondering, should I wait until the next update or should I not be worried about revisions? I know how apple likes to update the iPods frequently. suggestions?

PS: I know this should go in Purchasing Advice, but I already had this thread goin so I figured I would just kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey