Think Secret's News Reporting

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Think Secret's News Reporting
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-10, 23:11

FFL,

I prompted Nick to answer me, to see what his philisophy is. I realize now, that yes I obviously do agree with the guy and everyone else's stance on the issue of the ethics involved with rumor reporting. I am here, arent I?

I apologized to Nick later on, but things were already out of control in here, but what am I to do about that now? I fueled the fire, I'm not proud of it, but what's done is done. I sometimes dig deeper into a hole because I already get into one then think, "what's a little deeper gonna do?" Sometimes I just fall into my own traps.

I sometimes argue a point, that I dont even agree with, to validate the point that I have agreed with all along. When people get pissed at my "stupidity" they sound off and make very intelligent remarks, building a case for why "my" thoughts are absurd. I am clearly able to see, in plain text, what my own line of thinking is, that I could not put a finger on before. It's like reverse psychology.

Sorry peeps.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-10, 23:14

and on that note i'm going to hope that everyone can drop this. pretty please. the next asshole post gets someone a user title thought up by jack.

thank you messiah for the nice clarification here at the end.

SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2004-08-10, 23:15

reverse psychology?

more like your "member status" handle.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-11, 08:37

And...scene!

That's also a hallmark of these little episodes: after 2-5 pages of massive piling on and brutal verbal assaults, Chris "realizes" his error in judgement, explains it all away in a paragraph or two that I can't even fully comprehend upon four readings...and the seas calm a bit.

Until next time...

As for the "Man on the Moon" movie, I've seen bits and pieces. Not a fan of Carrey or Kaufman, so the incentive to watch one lunatic play another wasn't there. I did enjoy the scenes with Marilu Henner. Meow.

Oh, and I learned a new word/phrase today, thanks to - I'm assuming - LoCash and his alteration of Messiah's custom title...

I wonder how many Google searches for "dementia praecox" there have been this morning?

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-11, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
That's also a hallmark of these little episodes: after 2-5 pages of massive piling on and brutal verbal assaults, Chris "realizes" his error in judgement, explains it all away in a paragraph or two that I can't even fully comprehend upon four readings....

...I wonder how many Google searches for "dementia praecox" there have been this morning?

He should be honored. It's almost like an Ars title.

SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2004-08-11, 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0

I wonder how many Google searches for "dementia praecox" there have been this morning?

i did mine last night, although i thought he* gave it to himself, kudos to locash, quite apropos.

*edited

Akumulator

2004-08-11, 10:40

Soooo what is Messiahtosh now trying to save face by saying it was all a reverse psychological experiment? He showed himself as an assface, that's all.....nothing more to see here.

btw, Andy Kaufman was a genius...... Messiahtosh?

Barto
Student extraordinaire

2004-08-11, 10:49

What can I say. He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-11, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumulator
Soooo what is Messiahtosh now trying to save face by saying it was all a reverse psychological experiment? He showed himself as an assface, that's all.....nothing more to see here.

btw, Andy Kaufman was a genius...... Messiahtosh?
This is a message board, I repeat...

LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-11, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
This is a message board, I repeat...
I'm pretty sure that everyone here is quite aware that this is, in fact, a message board.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-08-11, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
I'm pretty sure that everyone here is quite aware that this is, in fact, a message board.
Crap...

<DMBand shuffles off to find another hobby before his girlfriend realizes how big a geek he is>

Crap...she already knows. But she thinks it's "cute"

_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-08-11, 17:25

Hasn't this horse been flogged enough???

murbot
Hoonigan

2004-08-11, 17:31

Yes.

Time to lock the dead horse up.