User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Help with Business Summary on Apple for School

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Help with Business Summary on Apple for School
jfletch

2006-04-10, 14:07

I am using Apple for my company in my Corp. Business Class. I have to write an executive summary of Apple. The first part is Mac products/services. Target Mkt and market share is part 1. Differences from competitors and new and upcoming products are the 3 parts in this. I was hoping some one could give me some advice on how to write the target mkt and market share part. Apple is everyone, everywhere trying to find way to say this in business like fashion. Thoughts?? Thanks
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-04-10, 14:20

I certainly wouldn't say that Apple is for everyone. They're not trying to target every demographic. They would have twice as many products if they were. Their iPods are targeting every market, to a point, but their computers certainly are not targeted at "everyone", and computers are their primary market (despite what their marketing might indicate).

Their computer sales are pointed more toward creative-types. Artists, writers, photographers, etc. They are not really business-oriented (although their low required maintenance make them a good choice for businesses), nor are they designed for gamers. Those are two huge market segments that Apple does not specifically target. They're also not really for people who like to do an inordinate amount of tinkering. That's the primary market for Linux.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317