User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Booting Windows CD on Intel Mac

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Booting Windows CD on Intel Mac
duyvan82

2007-02-10, 08:37

So I've decided to give windows a spin on my mac and I've successfully installed XP SP2 then I said to myself why not give Vista a spin as well I then downloaded a copy of Vista off my Microsoft's MSDNAA website, I burned it, restarted the Mac but nothing happened, the disk didn't get recognised at all, it just didn't show up on the boot panel, I tried it on my Dell laptop, everything was fine, Vista got installed without any problem at all... I borrowed another copy from a friend (this time illegal), couldn't boot with it either (it boots fine on the PC), I got another XP CD, couldn't boot either, so far I've only managed to boot the Mac with the XP SP2 CD that came with my Dell laptop (which is an OEM)...

Anyone has any idea why it doesn't wanna boot? Is it because Mac being picky or something? Thanks in advance.