User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

How to Make Yahoo Push to the iPhone- Finally

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
How to Make Yahoo Push to the iPhone- Finally
gbh

2007-10-03, 11:50

I talked to AppleCare this morning and this is what they said that Yahoo push start working- the first thing that has after spending several solid useless days trying every other recommendation on various forums, none of which worked. Here is what they said to do:

1. Restore completely, without having the backup restore onto the iPhone.
2. Delete all of your email accounts on the iphone (I did this first before doing #1 to see if the remainder would work without a restore, but it did not, but when I went back and did #1 first it worked).
3. Re-enter all of your e mail accounts, beginning with the non-yahoo accounts first- very important. Be sure to set up at this time whether you want them manually to check or every 15 minutes for mail, etc., BEFORE you set up or enter the Yahoo account.
4. Then, after the above, enter the Yahoo account.

The support guy told me that for some reason changing how often the send receive occurs (manually, etc.) AFTER first setting up the yahoo account somehow overwrites information for the yahoo account and keeps the push from working. He said he had solved the push for a number of people following the procedure, and I agree, it did work.

Whether it will keep working I am skeptical! Also, I meant to ask, but did not: Does this mean that if I now ever change how often the iPhone checks for mail will it now overwrite the yahoo information and cause the push to stop working again, meaning I have to do the above steps again.

Finally, the push is not instantaneous, but is in about 2 minutes or so, at least from what I have seen- a lot better than every 15 minutes.