iPhone 3G Rate Plans
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2008-06-10, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlung View Post
Looking at the internal att memo at BGR.. it seems as if premier discounts will be allowed on the iphone rate plans. That'll bring it down a lot for quite a few people.
Yep, it would for me. About time too.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-06-10, 17:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by admactanium View Post
yeah, but then you're on tmobile. i had that plan with my two sidekicks, but tmobile was the only provider i ever used where i commonly got a message telling me that all the lines were busy. not the line i was calling, the lines they use to send calls.
Really? I've had it for over a year and a half and have yet to get any error sending SMS or email or anything.
feidhlim1986

2008-06-10, 18:14

Quote:
iPhone 3G will offer faster browsing speeds on the move over O2’s HSDPA network. It will be available in an 8GB model and a 16GB model. The 8GB iPhone 3G will cost just €49 on the €100 monthly iPhone tariff, €99 on the €65 tariff and €169 on the €45 tariff. The 16GB iPhone 3G will cost €129 on the €100 monthly tariff option, €169 on the €65 tariff and €229 on the €45 tariff. All iPhone tariffs include anytime minutes, texts and a 1GB data bundle.

Monthly charge €45 €65 €100Units
Anytime minutes included* 175 350 700 Mins
Texts included* 100 150 250 Texts
Data included** 1GB 1GB 1GB GB
Additional calls 20c 20c 20c Per min
Additional texts 10c 10c 10c Per texts
Voicemail*** 15c 15c 15c Per min

Terms & Conditions
* Unused inclusive minutes and texts cannot be carried over to the following month
** Data use in excess of the 1GB allowance will be charged at 2c per MB excluding roaming
*** Visual voicemail is not currently supported.

All iPhone tariffs are subject to an 18 month agreement. It is a requirement that when purchasing iPhone that you pay your monthly bill by Bank Direct Debit or Credit Card Direct Debit.
Unfortunately the above is the existing tariffs for the iPhone on O2 in Ireland and will carry over to the 3G iPhone. Its such a rip off!! (the tariffs not the iPhone)

Also, Steve said the you wont be paying more than $199 for the 8GB, your paying $267 for the €45 tariff
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-06-10, 18:23

It's not SJ's fault though that the country imposes the tariff's.
feidhlim1986

2008-06-10, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Oh I know! And I should be used to being over charged for everything by now I'll get an unlocked one and use my existing sim where I can buy a data add-on for €7.50 a month for 1GB.
O2 have "special" (higher priced) tariffs for just the iPhones, any other 3G phone is much cheaper per month and can be got for pre-paid sims too
admactanium

2008-06-10, 23:51

Quote:
Really? I've had it for over a year and a half and have yet to get any error sending SMS or email or anything.
it's probably very location dependent but t-mobile service in l.a. is awful. i really liked the sidekick phone but at least 1/20 times i would try to make a call it simply wouldn't go through. they had a message that would come on the line and just tell me that all the lines are busy. please try again later.
joveblue
Veteran Member

2008-06-11, 00:50

Quote:
I think they mean tariffs as in service rates, rather than taxes
feidhlim1986

2008-06-11, 07:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
I think they mean tariffs as in service rates, rather than taxes
Tariffs = Rate Plan = Monthly Supscription for Cell/Mobile Service
NateEssex

2008-06-11, 19:16

If I want to access my work Exchange Mail server with push calendar events and email, do I have to get the Enterprise Data Plan($45) ? Or can I do this with the Personal Data ($30) plan?

I haven't found any definitive statement that claims you must pay for the Enterprise Data Plan, at least I really hope not. That is a huge jump from $20 to $45. I don't need the Enterprise applications, just the push.
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-06-11, 19:48

From the AT&T memo I read earlier today -- at http://BoyGeniusReport.com -- accessing "corporate email, business applications or corporate intranets" will require a user to get the Enterprise plan. As with everything iPhone 3G, the info. could be fluid.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-06-11, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple007 View Post
From the AT&T memo I read earlier today -- at http://BoyGeniusReport.com -- accessing "corporate email, business applications or corporate intranets" will require a user to get the Enterprise plan. As with everything iPhone 3G, the info. could be fluid.
I've been wondering about that... how the hell do they know if I'm 'accessing a corporate intranet'??
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2008-06-11, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotcatbug View Post
So, if your area doesn't have 3G, can you buy the slower data plan instead (EDGE)? I live about 60 miles away from AT&T 3G coverage.

LINKY

If everybody has to pay for 3G, but, basically, nobody gets it, then the price comparisons are legitimate.
Unfortunately, around 90% of America doesn't live In The Middle Of Nowhere, but in one of these cities (or their immediate suburbs):

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/popUp_3g.jsp

Oh, and my apologies in advance to pscates for any inference that he lives In The Middle Of Nowhere. I'm sure he'll get 3G before you do...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-11, 20:45

I hope so. I was told we would; we'll see.