AppleNova Forums » Programmer's Nook »

n00b MySQL migration question

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
n00b MySQL migration question
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-11-08, 00:50

I am migrating from one server to another and moving five DBs over two domains in the process. One on one domain moved without a hitch. I created a DB named like the old one and created a user with the same as before. It was my blog.turtle2472.com account to be specific.

My other domain has 4 different DBs and these I'm having a problem with. I had to create a DB under a different name so I though I would just rename the config.php files and be done with it. Things are working out though. Are you allowed to use a number in the DB name of username? This might be my problem with the DB.

Part of the other problem I'm having to figure out how to get the phpBB, Coppermine and TrackMe working again because the sub-domain and directory structure are totally different than on my shared host. Some of it is just DB issues and others aren't. Anyone have hints at how to handle the MySQL DB shift portion?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-11-08, 22:16

I figured it out.