User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

safari and yahoo! e-mail problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
safari and yahoo! e-mail problems
Performa636CD

2005-05-07, 21:58

Ok, so i just loaded Tiger on my 1.33 12" PB and everything seems to be ok, except for one little thing. With one certain yahoo e-mail account, i am unable to check my mail. all my other yahoo accounts work fine, but with a certain account, i get this message in safari when trying to log in:

"The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

remember, this is ONLY with a particular yahoo e-mail account which i can check just fine on my PC or by using IE for Mac 5.2. anyone heard of this problem? could it be related to changing the name of my home folder early on?

after i installed my applications (such as MS office 2004), i was cut and pasting files from backed up CDs to my desktop (files such as photos, music, etc.) when i started fiddling with my system preferences. i also decided to change the name of my home folder which is apparently a VERY BIG no no (who woulda thought?) and all the files i had cut and pasted to my desktop were gone. also a few setting changes i made in safari, imported e-mails into Mail 2.0, etc. were all undone. anways, i restarted under the original administrator name and the home folder was back to its original name. i decided to just reload the files onto the desktop and redo some of the settings. so to make this short, could chaning the home folder name cause these problems in yahoo mail with safari?