Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

2022 Honda Civic Debuts on Twitch

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
2022 Honda Civic Debuts on Twitch
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-11-17, 20:08

I am currently dialed into a Twitch channel waiting to see the debut of the 2022 Honda Civic on a Twitch channel called Honda Head2Head. I feel like a farm hand from the 1860s being confronted with a television game show. It's so, so weird.

They said that things begin at 8pm ET, but now I understand that they may not do the actual sheet-pull reveal until 9:45 ET - so I think they're going to make me watch 90 minutes of streaming of Fortnite.

Watch along:
https://www.twitch.tv/hondahead2head

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-11-17, 20:22

Oh man, the chat stream comments are crazy - so many that are calling for them to go ahead and do the reveal. The two kids that are hosting are constant jabberheads, pimping up the Fortnite competition that supposed to be happening, but appears to have stalled out, and they can't seem to get the players all into one chat.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2020-11-17, 20:47

I don't know what I just watched, but I am decidedly not whatever that targeted audience is. What in the actual fuck.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-17, 21:33

Things like this make me realize just how old I’ve gotten.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-11-17, 22:01

And the most ironic part of this entire event is that the actual design of the car went super straight... from "boy racer" to "wannabe grownup".

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-11-17, 23:42

I'm pretty sure I've got too many brain cells for that crap. And most of mine are dead.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-18, 11:51

I'll sometimes deviate from my usual woodworking/guitar/tiny house YouTube pursuits and will watch things like The Mandalorian reactions, or tech/pop culture stuff, etc.

Holy smokes...I sometimes need a translator. And it's English!

I was cool for about two years, 29-31? But that's been 20 years ago. Now I'm just a 51-year-old guy with a silver beard/temples (and more with each passing month) and lines/crinkles around my eyes from a lifetime of not wearing sunglasses, and who doesn't understand/get modern entertainment, tech, fashion and language.

I see some of these things and it hits me...yikes, I done went and turned into someone's dad while I wasn't paying attention. I've got everything but the kid and a lawnmower...

I still wear my Vans and drive over the speed limit, so not all is lost.

The freaky thing is, these past 10-15 years have been a blur. It seems like I got my first iPhone about 4-5 years ago...not 13. It's all just a rocket now, zooming past me. And knowing that I've now logged more miles behind me than I've got in front of me has kinda hit me weird in the past few years as well.

A funny thing, getting older.

I wasn't ready for it.

But it beats the alternative all to hell, doesn't it? Getting old requires still being alive, so...I'll take it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-11-18, 12:37

Well, I've got the kid and the lawnmower. Even have the silver beard. No, wait, it's white. Yeah, that happened.

And I got me a gut, which I've been working hard as hell the past 6 months to rid myself of, and it's making a difference. I don't feel quite so old and out of touch, and my pecks are actually hard, again. Kinda like when I was a young mountain-biking punk in Phoenix riding all over hell and creation and climbing mountains and gritting my teeth through the pain and loving it.

Now, working out hurts like hell, but I've kept it up! And I'm gonna meet my goal if I have to roll over and suck my thumb in the fetal position and cry for my mommy!

Ugh!

Old sucks, but I'm never going to start listening to/watching punk kids play video games for three hours!

Hell to the NO!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)