Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

iPod Shuffle V2 Reviews?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPod Shuffle V2 Reviews?
MagSafe

2006-11-15, 04:49

Hi there.

Going in on Saturday morning to get one of these for the gym and looking for some reviews on it ... because it's so new all i can find is reviews of the old one

Has anyone else recieved one and would like to share their thoughts, or know of any links to reviews?

Thanks

Find me on Twitter: @StevenMcLintock
Sketch
Formerly “iceman009”

2006-11-15, 05:47

There is a review from Digital trends also from arstechnica. Hope this helps.
Sketch
Formerly “iceman009”

2006-11-15, 05:55

Also from Playlistmag, Reghardware, famous Paul Thurrott and pcmag.
MagSafe

2006-11-15, 08:29

Thanks for that, it looks good

Boy are they hard to get a hold of! Looked around every electrical store in my area and on my lunch break there and every shop are either awaiting stock or are completey sold out ...even on the Apple Store it says 5 days for delivery.

If your wondering why i'm wanting one in such a hurry by the way it's because i just sent off my iPod Video to get repaired, leaving me with no portable music to listen to at the gym, work or with my iPod Hi-Fi for a week or two

Sketch
Formerly “iceman009”

2006-11-15, 09:44

well can't you wait for your iPod to come back from its repair? Anyway, yeah that thing is damn small, I think I would lose it.
zippy
Veteran Member

2006-11-15, 10:13

Our local Wal Mart has them in stock, so you might try that if there's one in your area.
MagSafe

2006-11-15, 10:15

Yeah ... i could, but i've been meaning to get a shuffle after i joined the gym. Carrying the 60GB iPod Video around when using all the gym equipment is getting kind of annoying.

MagSafe

2006-11-15, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
Our local Wal Mart has them in stock, so you might try that if there's one in your area.
Thanks for that, unfortunatly i don't have time to take the 9 hour plane journey across the pond at the moment

I'm in the UK so unfortunatly limited to the small amount of electrical branches around my area, i'm going to phone around a few shops tonight though and see what i can do.

Sketch
Formerly “iceman009”

2006-11-15, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagSafe
I'm in the UK so unfortunatly limited to the small amount of electrical branches around my area, i'm going to phone around a few shops tonight though and see what i can do.
Man you are in desperate need of a shuffle aren't you?
MagSafe

2006-11-15, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman009 View Post
Man you are in desperate need of a shuffle aren't you?
lol, well i'm not exactly going to start haggeling , just ask if they have it in stock

but yeah, being without an iPod over my lunch breaks and at the gym is seriously annoying, anyone used to this and suddenly loosing the ability to do this will know what i mean

MagSafe

2006-11-15, 15:08

Got one ... Sitting here with my feet up on the couch with my Shuffle clipped onto my shirt and browsing wirelessly on my iBook = Bliss

I checked one of the electrical stores (Currys) websites which allow you to look at every store in your city for a particular product, luckily a branch 20mins away had 2 left in stock , reserved one and make a little detour on the way back from work

First impressions are just astonishing, the size is utterly mind blowing, it'll be perfect for listening to at the gym and at work instead of taking in my video one all the time, also the sound quality is superb which i found suprising, i'm listening to it at the moment with my massive headphones on and there it's just hard to believe that their attached to such a tiny device. It took a total of 1 minute to install and another 3 to randomly transfer 238 songs from my music library onto it

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-11-15, 15:10

Congratulations. Now send me your video and the circle is complete.
solinari6

2006-11-16, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagSafe View Post
Got one ... Sitting here with my feet up on the couch with my Shuffle clipped onto my shirt and browsing wirelessly on my iBook = Bliss
Ok, I think you've convinced me I need a shuffle! One question, though ... I mainly would use it to listen to long 4-5 hour podcasts. Does this thing remember where you are in the mp3 when you turn it off?
MagSafe

2006-11-16, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
Ok, I think you've convinced me I need a shuffle! One question, though ... I mainly would use it to listen to long 4-5 hour podcasts. Does this thing remember where you are in the mp3 when you turn it off?
yep , the battery life is 12 hours by the way so you'll have no problem listening to it for that length of time.
zippy
Veteran Member

2006-11-17, 09:23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagSafe View Post
Thanks for that, unfortunatly i don't have time to take the 9 hour plane journey across the pond at the moment

WHAT???? Wal Mart hasnt completed their Take Over the World plans in Scotland yet? Ah fynd thaut a wee bit amayzin.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-11-17, 09:34

Quote:
WHAT???? Wal Mart hasnt completed their Take Over the World plans in Scotland yet? Ah fynd thaut a wee bit amayzin.

ASDA are a subsidiary of WALMART.

Last edited by Fahrenheit : 2006-11-17 at 10:11.
MagSafe

2006-11-17, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit View Post
ASDA are a subsidiary of WALMART.
Very true , I remember them buying ASDA back in 2002 i think it was.

I didn't check there actually as theres one just around the corner from me, they do quite a good selection of electrical products but they only stock iPod accessories unfortunatly.