User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

So...anyone gonna watch Woz dance tonight?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
So...anyone gonna watch Woz dance tonight?
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-10, 12:46

Well, Bruno would know.

All these "competition" shows...they've adopted the "American Idol" thing in that they have to have one completely a-hole judge, huh? Mean, snide, snarky, insulting, etc. Every show like this has to have their "Simon".
faust

2009-03-10, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Well, Bruno would know.

All these "competition" shows...they've adopted the "American Idol" thing in that they have to have one completely a-hole judge, huh? Mean, snide, snarky, insulting, etc. Every show like this has to have their "Simon".

All the reality shows work based off a simple formula. We have MTV and The real World to thank for all this crapola

And Europe of course for shipping their garbage to our shores
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-03-10, 14:23

I thought he did pretty well considering what I was expecting!

And his dancing partner isn't bad to look at, either

Man, dancer's have to be the hottest women around!

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-10, 14:31

The one who danced with Lawrence Taylor (she had an accent when she spoke) was beautiful, I thought.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-03-10, 15:06

BTW the Woz will survive at least one more week, as there are two dances before the first judgement is handed down.

Paul:

Not sure if you've seen a lot of this show, but the usual formula for this show's judges are that Bruno constantly makes reference to how sexy he finds certain people to be, then adds some dance comments in at the end (he is Gay 2.0 - the guy practically gets out of his chair and offers to blow certain dancers when he's impressed by their efforts).

Len is usually the snarky bastard but not in the American Idol way. I can't watch American Idol for more than 30 seconds. It makes me question the human race's existence. Proud to say I've never watched even half and episode and will never do so if I can help it. Len is not as obnoxious but still a retard. He's very old school and technical and anytime someone tries to introduce something hip-hoppy or otherwise into a classical dance step, he jumps all over them, but in a very British aristocracy sort of way. What pisses me off about this joker is that he will absolutely rip someone a new a-hole, and then turn around and give them a 9. Then he'll have just a few calm comments for someone else and give them a 7. The whole thing is totally rigged which is why I hate the show, but the wife enjoys observing how the judges are all full of shit, and likes to watch the good dancers.

Carrie Anne is the one who most of the time criticizes via encouragement. Her scores are usually consistent with the tone of her "reviews" and therefore is the only predictable one of the bunch. How insane that the only logical judge is the one who's not a man. Although one could argue she's more of a man than Bruno in all respects except genitalia and facial characteristics, and more of a man than Len in that should could probably beat the old geezer up.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Trumpetman
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

Send a message via AIM to Trumpetman  
2009-03-10, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust View Post
All the reality shows work based off a simple formula. We have MTV and The real World to thank for all this crapola

And Europe of course for shipping their garbage to our shores
I like the reasoning!

If you Brits would pay a proper television tax, then us Americans wouldn't have to put up with Idol, Dancing and Survivor!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-03-16, 22:16

OK, I just have to say this... Wozniak is officially the biggest dork I have ever seen. To wit:

I mean he is back-up pocket protector nerdy. He is the guy Wierd Al made White 'n' Nerdy for (apparently). As Ballmer is awkward and painful to watch because of how he runs his mouth and lies about everything, so Woz is equally painful to watch because he simply can't help himself. He is pure nerd.

This guy makes Jobs look like Captain America. The "I'm a PC" guy? 10x the man Woz is... at least! Holy shit, I hope Apple's stock doesn't take a hit as a result of this or America's blondes start running around telling everyone "OMG that Wozniak guy from Apple is SUCH a dork. I'm buying a Blackberreh!" Apple could lose millions in sales. This guy could potentially undo in 20 minutes of prime time television, what Jobs and Co. took 10 years to build (i.e. an image that is the envy of the computer world). PLEASE GOD MAKE HIM STOP! Forfeit Woz, FORFEIT!

He is without a question the most awkward looking guy I have ever seen. A walking, talking, living, breathing caricature. His head and torso appear to be about 2x too large for lower half. He's got these chicken legs, wears black socks and black gym shoes in the studio (and shorts)... and then the rest of him is like a tree trunk + pumpkin-shaped head. Then to listen to him talk... I thought he was this nerdy-but-articulate guy. He's not even sort of articulate.

Woz =
+ 200 lbs and black socks.

As an Apple fan, I feel like this every time ABC puts the words "Wozniak" and "Apple" together in the same sentence.

Last edited by Moogs : 2009-03-16 at 22:27.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-03-16, 22:33

Remember Ronald Jenkees of YouToob Fame?

Probably still less nerdy and awkward than the Woz.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-16, 22:40

I told you. Yeah, he's special...

I didn't watch tonight because I just don't want to know.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-03-16, 22:47

It's just.... you can't.... words are wholly inadequate.

Wonky
Oafy
Zany?

My brain hurts.
Trumpetman
BANNED

2009-03-25, 12:46

I was reading the news feeds and discovered that Mr. Woz was kept another week. I guess they will have to kill him with kindness to get rid of him.

I watched the little video and yes, he looks bad but then what one of us in the same environment at that age probably won't look bad? The guy is 58 and an overweight computer geek. Did they really think he was going to bring a high dance factor into the mix?

Keep smiling and practicing your bad puns Woz!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-03-25, 13:06

Woz is the new Cloris Leachman. Him staying on the show last night while Charlie Sheen's pyscho ex gets the boot is a sad joke. Not that she's good mind you; she's not. But Woz is just that bad, that clearly he has no business up there. This is the fatal flaw of this show: the public can keep people who don't belong on the show, and have booted people who have a reasonable chance to dance well from week to week.

Sooner or later this will backfire on the network IMO. This is coming close. Maybe they're rigging it to see how pissed off the other dancers will get / how much drama they'll see if they continue to keep old cement shoes Wozniak in the competition. Ironically after his bitching and complaining about the voting being rigged, he himself is the one who has benefitted from it.

spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2009-03-25, 14:24

I hope he ends up staying in it for a while. It's painful to watch him dance. I don't like it. However, now I'm super-curious to see how much this show can improve a dancer as bad as he is (if at all).

I'm not sure, but I think I detected a teensy, tiny, almost imperceptible improvement already.

Ugh.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2009-03-25, 14:32

See also; John Sergeant.

the Woz thing is clearly the US network manufacturing the exact same situation.
Trumpetman
BANNED

2009-03-25, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Woz is the new Cloris Leachman. Him staying on the show last night while Charlie Sheen's pyscho ex gets the boot is a sad joke. Not that she's good mind you; she's not. But Woz is just that bad, that clearly he has no business up there. This is the fatal flaw of this show: the public can keep people who don't belong on the show, and have booted people who have a reasonable chance to dance well from week to week.

Sooner or later this will backfire on the network IMO. This is coming close. Maybe they're rigging it to see how pissed off the other dancers will get / how much drama they'll see if they continue to keep old cement shoes Wozniak in the competition. Ironically after his bitching and complaining about the voting being rigged, he himself is the one who has benefitted from it.
Perhaps people just have sense of proportionality. Denise Richards is 37 years old and quite slim. Holly Madison (I had to look both people up) is a whole 29 years old and "ahem" well enhanced in certain areas. When you start with more, people expect more.

Also I just went and watched the video of those two and what the hell is the deal with these supposedly hot women who can't even shake an ass or hips? Isn't the whole point of looking like your are built for sex supposed to mean you move like you've at least had it once or twice?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-25, 16:40

Is it true that Belinda Carlisle was the first to go? She's a musician. She's danced on stage (not formal, but she's go rhythm, doesn't she?) for years. How could she be booted before Woz?!

Like others, this show gets silly and it's less about true dancing ability (just like "American Idol" isn't about true singing ability, because how do you explain that one goofy twit from a few years ago, hanging around as long as he did). Sounds like Leachman and Woz are part of that. They needlessly stick around for "entertainment value", and the whole thing just doesn't seem real and honest (not that you'd expect "real and honest" from a silly dancing TV show, but still...).