Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Another Tuesday has come and gone...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Another Tuesday has come and gone...
LaEsperanza
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-08-22, 16:49

It seems every Monday night, I start getting curious if another product will come out tomorrow. I am sensing that a lot of people are waiting right now. Here is the question of the thread:

How many of you guys are waiting for a product to come out/be upgraded and what would that be? Not gay stuff like "I am waiting for the iPhone" or "headless Mac" but serious things like "I am waiting for the Merom MBP."

For me, I am waiting for the new iMac and a new MB. It is too close to Merom/Conroe iMacs to buy one and I'd like a Rev. B MB because I am nervous about them still for some reason.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-08-22, 16:56

I really, really, really hate this.
neiltc13

2006-08-22, 17:02

I wasn't aware that Apple's products had a sexual orientation.
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2006-08-22, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit
Indeed. The very thought makes me want to ball up my hands into little fists of rage!

(I jest, of course. My view is fatalistic as far as Apple releases go.)
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2006-08-22, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaEsperanza
How many of you guys are waiting for a product to come out/be upgraded and what would that be? Not gay stuff like "I am waiting for the iPhone" or "headless Mac" but serious things like "I am waiting for the Merom MBP."
Politically Correct way of saying this:

"Not dumb stuff like "I am waiting for the iPhone" or "headless Mac" but serious things like "I am waiting for the Merom MBP."

My input:
I am waiting for an upgraded MBP. I think it is due for one and I am looking forward to it. Only time will tell though.. C'mon Apple, give me my updated MBP

Deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-08-22, 17:14

Quote:
It seems every Monday night, I start getting curious if another product will come out tomorrow.
I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Only you set yourself up for disappointment in situations like this.

If you want to be upset with someone, turn that anger inward.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-08-22, 17:21

Exactly, apple don't owe you anything. Every tuesday would be a little much don't you think? I recommend not owning an apple product if you can't handle their rough attitude to customers; how rude that they haven't released anything in the last week!
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-08-22, 17:32

Apple...

The next Social Security™.
LaEsperanza
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-08-22, 17:49

Quote:
Every tuesday would be a little much don't you think?
It must have come out wrong. What I mean is that I am waiting for an iMac, and knowing that releases usually come out on Tuesdays, each week I hope that it is the week for my iMac. I do not expect nor wish that Apple would come out with things every week because then everything would be out of date, but with the rumors of a new iMac coming soon, I always hope that it could be next Tuesday. Does that make more sense?

As far as me saying dumb wants: I say that because the iPhone and headless Mac between the Mac Mini and the Mac Pro have not been officially announced, so why would you be waiting for it? However, we can definitely predict a Conroe/Merom iMac because it is the new chipset and obviously with the release of the Mac Pro, we see that Apple is moving towards the Core 2 Duo line. Fuck guys, I didn't start a thread to have you take out everything on me, I am just curious if there are a lot of people waiting for something or if you are all happy with your old stuff. Get your heads out of your asses...
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2006-08-22, 20:08

Quote:
Fuck guys, I didn't start a thread to have you take out everything on me, I am just curious if there are a lot of people waiting for something or if you are all happy with your old stuff. Get your heads out of your asses...
I agree with you. I'm in the same boat you are, waiting for a Conroe/Merom iMac. I don't know if it's going to happen but all signs point to yes. The only question is when. I don't get dissapointed on Tuesday's that pass without an update/refresh, it only means another week of waiting/guessing/speculating -- which is actualy part of the fun leading up to purchasing.
MagSafe

2006-08-23, 01:15

Quote:
Very well said Don't be greedy LaEsperanza, be happy with what you have.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-08-23, 01:21

Anyone got any iPhone news here?

drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-08-23, 06:43

I hear they're coming out on a Tuesday.
They just have to finish getting the iTMS adapted to supply video to their phones.
I just made that up.
I need a shower now.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
digitalprimate

2006-08-23, 06:49

LOL @ Banana!

But I think it should be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana
Apple...

The NeXT Social Security™.
Partial
Stallion

2006-08-23, 11:03

There is an event in a few weeks, no way there is going to be an update until then. Apple's numbers appear to be at an all-time high. I doubt they are going to update until cram and jam is over.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-08-23, 11:25

steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2006-08-23, 12:10

Quote:
I couldn't agree more... can we not have a sticky about this kind of post? How many times do we have to tell people that only Apple knows and general folk do not know, not even the major chains, not even Apple Retail employees or HQ employees...

It just seems that I logon to this site and just see repetative posts in one shape or form asking should I buy now or wait till next tuesday... The same posts... the same answers...

Maybe we should give the answer as:

"When walking down the high street, pick out any old chap and ask him the very same question"...
Schnauzer
Veteran Member

2006-08-23, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnick4
Politically Correct way of saying this

AHHH man, do we always have to be politically correct