User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Rizzoli and Isles (TNT - Tuesday night Nov. 27)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: Choose all options that apply.
I've watched Rizzoli and Isles. 4 26.67%
I've never watched this program. 11 73.33%
I thought the program was worth watching. 3 20.00%
I may watch it in the future. 4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Rizzoli and Isles (TNT - Tuesday night Nov. 27)
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-07-15, 19:40

I was watching some YouTube stuff earlier and there was a promo clip for the new season of Damages on FX, and John Goodman appears to be joining that cast. He's lost some weight too! Looks really good.

I think the medical examiner (Sasha something) on Rizzoli and Isles is so pretty.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2011-07-17, 17:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I think the medical examiner (Sasha something) on Rizzoli and Isles is so pretty.
Yeah, she looks a lot better with blondish hair than with the dark hair in the pic I posted in this thread, don't you think?

I saw Angie Harmon on The View last Monday and found out that she has a couple of kids and has been married for ten years. She appeared in a silky, poufy, very feminine pink summer dress and came across so different from the tough-cookie demeanor she has as a homicide detective.

Also, I happened to catch a program on USA channel about a female psychologist who is hired by a football team's coach to help change the uncooperative behavior of one of his players. I've only seen one episode, but it was kind of interesting. Has anyone else seen the show? I think it was called "Rough Happenings," but I'll have to check.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-07-17, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
Yeah, she looks a lot better with blondish hair than with the dark hair in the pic I posted in this thread, don't you think?
I don't know. Those black-haired vixens peg my Hubba Hubba! meter pretty good.

I'm always drawn to brunettes (the darker - and shorter - the better) and redheads before blondes (or light browns).

Looking at this array, I definitely go for the ones where she's sporting black-ish hair.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2011-07-17 at 19:21.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2011-07-17, 18:32

Quote:
I don't know. Those black-haired vixens peg my Hubba Hubba! meter pretty good.

I'm always drawn to brunettes (the darker the better) and redheads before blondes (or light browns).

Looking at this array, I definitely go for the ones where she's sporting black-ish hair.

I was going through some youtube clips and found one where Angie's boyfriend, who played for the NY Giants, proposed to Angie on the Jay Leno show. It was a complete surprise. She said yes, of course.

Here's a clip where Sasha and Angie talk about friendships and strong female roles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFq4W...eature=related

Here's a clip of author Tess Gerritsen talking about the series of books she wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48IzY...eature=related

Last edited by Windswept : 2011-07-17 at 18:42.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2011-07-17, 18:41

Personally I prefer blondes, but then again I married a brunette.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2011-07-17, 19:08

Quote:
Also, I happened to catch a program on USA channel about a female psychologist who is hired by a football team's coach to help change the uncooperative behavior of one of his players. I've only seen one episode, but it was kind of interesting. Has anyone else seen the show? I think it was called "Rough Happenings," but I'll have to check.
"Necessary Roughness". My mom watches it sometimes. The lead is pretty funny. I would murder her children, though, which further reinforces my childfree for life standpoint.

Quote:
I'm always drawn to brunettes (the darker the better) and redheads before blondes (or light browns).
Haa, that's pretty much my order of preference. I don't really like blonde chicks.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2011-07-19, 11:11

Watched an ep last night. Was pretty impressed. Isles seems like kind of a ditz, but Rizzoli is smart, snarky, and an asskicker. Her voice is awesome. I love the banter between them. I really enjoyed it and will make a point of catching it as long as I have a TV. Also grabbed 2 of the books from the library and will see how they go.

Personal amusement: I love that last night's ep started with them in mud baths; my mom was a "oh I see why you want to watch this show" and I had to start protesting loudly I had no idea that scene was going to be there.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2011-07-21, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Watched an ep last night. Was pretty impressed. Isles seems like kind of a ditz, but Rizzoli is smart, snarky, and an asskicker. Her voice is awesome. I love the banter between them. I really enjoyed it and will make a point of catching it as long as I have a TV. Also grabbed 2 of the books from the library and will see how they go.
I missed that episode, but hope to catch it somewhere down the road. Wrt their banter, have you seen the commercial for Rizzoli and Isles where they are each participating in a speed-dating ordeal? Their responses to the various guys are pretty funny, and when they end up talking with each other, their rapport is also pretty humorous, I thought, anyway. I like it that Rizzoli is a kick-ass cop, so when it was mentioned that she'll have a "love interest" this season, I hope they make a good choice for the person playing her boyfriend, and I hope her kick-ass qualities don't disappear. Yeah, her voice is kinda husky and works well for the part she plays.

I think Isles seems like a ditz because the character she plays is actually incredibly brilliant and sees everything from a genius-scientist's point-of-view, so the writers make some fun of this. The reason I started this thread is that so many people have never seen this show, since it's only on during the summer. I don't know why that's the case. I think the author is a doctor, but I can't remember for sure. She looks Asian in the clip I posted above. I was surprised, because her name, Tess Gerritsen, has no Asian implications.

I can't remember which of the book titles feature Rizzoli and Isles, but I've read quite a few of them. I'll have to read them again, I guess, now that there's a tv program.

Quote:
Personal amusement: I love that last night's ep started with them in mud baths; my mom was a "oh I see why you want to watch this show" and I had to start protesting loudly I had no idea that scene was going to be there.

By the way, Rizzoli and Isles apparently was the no. 1 cable drama show for its premiere season, according to ratings. I was surprised to hear that, since no one around here (AN) had even heard of it. There was a built-in audience from all the Tess Gerritsen readers, apparently. I think you and I will be the only people watching it here at AN though.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2011-12-05, 19:10

Bumping this thread.

Well, this program used to be on only in the summertime, but apparently a new season is on this winter, as in right now, *tonight*. I think the first episode of this season was last week. And I saw an episode on another night besides Monday, so I'm not sure what TNT is doing, but I hope to catch Rizzoli and Isles on a regular basis. Hope some of you guys will watch too.

Angie Harmon - Detective Rizzoli

Windswept
On Pacific time

2011-12-12, 16:45

Okay, guys, it's Monday, and hence another new episode of Rizzoli and Isles.

Last week, Rizzoli's 'other' brother was just released from prison, and he immediately started putting the moves on Isles. He was pretty good-looking, but because he was suspected of robbing a bank through most of the program, his attractive appearance kind of gave me the creeps.

There's nothing to bring out the old "approach-avoidance" feelings like a 'hot' criminal: fear *and* attraction or revulsion/attraction. Ick. *shiver* And, when a criminal wants something, we can presume that he'll stop at nothing to get it, so... he'll become a stalker. More shivers. If they keep this brother in the program, it'll take me a long time to get rid of the feelings of revulsion and/or fear that his persona inspires from this episode. Oh well.

Hey, Capella, are you watching the show tonight?
Windswept
On Pacific time

2012-11-24, 17:18

New episodes for Rizzoli and Isles start this coming week. I think the commercial said Nov. 28, but I also thought it said 'Tuesday'; but, Tuesday is the 27th, so I'm confused.

Anyway, I know some people at AN like this show, and I know they wouldn't want to miss any new episodes. TNT has been advertising R&I constantly. Weird that I don't know for sure *when* to watch, but oh well...

Last edited by Windswept : 2012-11-26 at 17:27.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2012-11-26, 17:27

Edit:

I decided to move this edit into a new post. Okay, where I live, out West, R & I new episodes start tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 27.

Question that *may* be answered in this new episode:

Just *who* was it that fathered blonde bimbo Lydia's baby? Was it Detective Jane Rizzoli's brother Tommy, or was it Jane's father, Frank? Everyone wants to know.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-11-27, 01:08

EVERYONE.

Yeah I like the show too, mostly for Rizzoli and most of the supporting cast.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2013-08-28, 18:34

The young detective on Rizzoli and Isles - Lee Thompson Young - committed suicide a week or so ago. He played detective Frost, and seemed like a really nice person. I was shocked when I realized who it was. I saw the name in the news, but didn't know that was Frost's real-life name.

I wonder why he was so depressed. It seemed like his career was doing well, he was smart, nice-looking and apparently well-liked by his colleagues. It seems like so many guys can be really reluctant about seeking help when it comes to mental health issues. I feel sure that my dad would never have sought help for depression had he ever experienced it, and I think he must have in the course of his life.

Medications can be absolute lifesavers when it comes to depression, but only if the person can go to the doctor and explain how he feels. What a tragic waste that Lee Young didn't do that for himself. Maybe he felt embarrassed, or too self-conscious. It's just such a shame to lose a person as nice as he, when help could have been a mere bottle of pills away.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...young/2672055/

Last edited by Windswept : 2013-08-29 at 18:26.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-02-20, 18:28

The new season of Rizzoli and Isles starts this Tuesday night, iirc. It's strange because I've started to get annoyed at the repetitive character traits that Jane Rizzoli keeps demonstrating. It seems like she's always bitching and moaning about something, or rolling her eyes and/or making fun of the science knowledge of Dr. Isles.

These traits start to grind on the viewer after a while and reduce the appeal of what once was a fun and attractive character (Jane) by overdoing qualities that should be more 'occasional' in the frequency of their appearance in any given scene.

She needs to have different reactions to events in the storyline and not the same predictable response over and over again. The writers need to keep these characters real if they want to retain the viewership they already have.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-06-20, 18:33

This past Tuesday of the new season of Rizzoli and Isles had a brief scene of the car wreck that took Detective Frost's life in the tv series. This coming Tuesday looks like it will feature a bit more about Frost's tv death, caused of course, by his suicide in real life. Still a real shame.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2015-03-15, 18:30

The current season of Rizzoli and Isles ends this coming Tuesday, March 17, with a double episode as the finale for the spring. When I first started this thread, I really liked Jane Rizzoli; but now I find that the way they write her character annoys me. The writers have her bitching and moaning about virtually everything that happens. She hates this, she hates that, she hates the ocean and then she hates lakes. She's always rolling her eyes and complaining. I mean, who could *stand* a friend who bitches and moans about everything?

I realize the writers have to give her a character of some kind, but they way over-do the traits they have chosen. ugh. There must be other personality traits they could include. Anyone still watching this program? Anyone else find her constant eye-rolling and bitching and moaning annoying? Oh well.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2015-03-15, 20:01

To be honest I was never keen on Jane Rizzoli sort of thought she was annoying, always prefered Dr Isles her character is funny,clever, but also serious and professional.

And yes I'm still watching and enjoying the program.

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2015-09-25, 02:17

I watched intermittently last year, my mom has watched since the start. Watched fully this summer season, somehow I didn't recognize that Isles is Sasha Alexander from NCIS until after this season started I guess the different hair threw me off.

And I got a new title from the finale
Windswept
On Pacific time

2015-10-04, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeriatric View Post
To be honest I was never keen on Jane Rizzoli sort of thought she was annoying, always prefered Dr Isles her character is funny,clever, but also serious and professional.

And yes I'm still watching and enjoying the program.
Well, I have to agree about the "annoying" part of your comment. The writers persist in portraying Jane Rizzoli as a person who is constantly rolling her eyes in exasperation about almost everything. This trait is *SO* overdone that it kind of ruins the show for me. I keep watching, but it could be so much better with a portrayal of Jane that isn't, as you say, so annoying.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2015-10-04, 18:24

Quote:
Well, I have to agree about the "annoying" part of your comment. The writers persist in portraying Jane Rizzoli as a person who is constantly rolling her eyes in exasperation about almost everything. This trait is *SO* overdone that it kind of ruins the show for me. I keep watching, but it could be so much better with a portrayal of Jane that isn't, as you say, so annoying.
Have to say though, I think her Mum (Mom) makes me laugh, she'd make a great inlaw.