User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Silicon Park - WWDC Cartoon

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Silicon Park - WWDC Cartoon
Dazabrit

2007-06-11, 16:39

Hi people, I created a little cartoon for WWDC called Silicon Park. It's South Park meets Silicon Valley featuring his royal Steveness.

I'd be glad to hear any feedback, suggestions and ideas, i'm thinking of making a few more.

Cheers

Flash Version:

Quicktime Version:
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-06-11, 16:41

Yeh I saw that this morning. Thats pretty much all I have to say about it.
Dazabrit

2007-06-11, 16:47

Hahahaha....

Furry nuff
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-06-11, 16:52

tried to watch it and that page killed my FF install. Oh well.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-06-11, 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
tried to watch it and that page killed my FF install. Oh well.
I shouldn't cry over it.
Dazabrit

2007-06-11, 16:57

Really? Sorry about that mate. Anything in particular that caused it u reckon? Something I can report to Blip?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-06-11, 17:00

Um.
Dazabrit

2007-06-11, 17:06

Man.... it was sort of a test for an upcoming project. It was incredibly difficult to create. Check this out:

Motion was better for a lot of the shots due to the 'real-time' engine. After FX still wins hands down with the 3D tools though which isn't too hard to understand why when they've been in the market for so long.
washington mac user
can't read

2007-06-11, 18:21

LOL that was awesome!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-06-11, 23:30

I think it's a great start at playing in Flash and I really like the technique you used of adding a depth of field between the audience and your South Park Steven Jobs. Now, it would've been fun if the animation had been a bit longer and if you'd had several jokes that stacked up on each other, ala Family Guy. Of course, just a bit of animation takes a LOT of work. This past year I made a South Park themed Christmas card for my friends and it was a CHORE to build the darned thing. I already posted it, but since you seem fairly new to the 'Nova I'll post it here for you (clicky)! Enjoy!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Dazabrit

2007-06-12, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I think it's a great start at playing in Flash and I really like the technique you used of adding a depth of field between the audience and your South Park Steven Jobs. Now, it would've been fun if the animation had been a bit longer and if you'd had several jokes that stacked up on each other, ala Family Guy. Of course, just a bit of animation takes a LOT of work. This past year I made a South Park themed Christmas card for my friends and it was a CHORE to build the darned thing. I already posted it, but since you seem fairly new to the 'Nova I'll post it here for you (clicky)! Enjoy!

That's really cool mate It's a damn sight more interesting than a card. (Although cards do look nice littered all over the place at Xmas)

I don't know how to use Flash at the moment unfortunately. I am still tackling After Effects.
I actually used Photoshop, After Effects, Motion and Final Cut for this project.
Flash is definately something I'd like to learn though; especially for website design and simple animation.
Dazabrit

2007-06-21, 05:40

Here are some of the characters that I designed. They were going to be in following episodes.
Not too sure that's gonna happen now

There is Al Gore, Wil Shipley and Jonny Ive aswell as some background characters