User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

SD Card Reader Queries

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
SD Card Reader Queries
steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2007-01-25, 12:33

Hello,

I have read with interest some of the comments on here relating to SD Card readers... So here is the situation as I am still stuck...

I have bought a Kingston SD Card reader that goes into a powered USB 2.0 hub. I have got 2xSD Cards. On is Sandisk Ultra II 1GB and the other is an Extreme III 2GB. I know the USB Card reader works as it shows in the 'About this Mac' system profiler:

When I stick the 1GB memory card in the reader, it mounts itself in OS X (10.4.8), but the 2GB card is a no show...

Both the 1GB and the 2GB is readable from my Nikon D80 which allows Mass Storage which mounts on the desktop, but not through the card reader for the 2GB card.

I am really getting stuck on this, I tired to format it in XP but even that did not work... I formatted the drive in the camera but still no effect (I used XP in parallels btw)...

The card reader is a Kingston TravelLite SD.MMC Reader USB 2.0...

Any advice? Does anyone else have one of these with the SanDisk cards? Does it work for you? I want to use the card reader to make it a lot easier as I change the cards quite a bit...
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-25, 12:35

Perhaps the card reader doesn't support cards that size?
steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2007-01-25, 12:38

Hmm had a look on the website and makes no mention of this?

Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2007-01-25, 13:24

Yikes. I have that exact same card reader on its way to me right now. Should get here tomorrow.

From what I've read, it has better support for large cards than some other readers... even reading 4GB+ cards.