User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Is there a generic iphone problems thread?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Is there a generic iphone problems thread?
solinari6

2007-10-03, 08:27

I could find one, so I figured I'd start my own. Just got one this weekend, with the latest firmware.

1) Had real problems getting my email to work. I filled in the server/user info, and it would sit there for a while, then finally ask me if I want to try connecting without SSL, because SSL wasn't working. I'd say sure, and then it would hang forever. Eventually I figured out I had to say NO to that question, which would finally save my settings. Then I could go into the advanced options and tweak the port numbers until it worked.

2) The ringer is too soft, even cranked all the way up. I can't hear it at all in loud rooms

3) The receiver is too soft, even cranked up. I have a hard time hearing people.

4) GMail integration is stupid. Outgoing emails (that I send on my mac) show up on my iphone as new inbound pieces of mail. That's just stupid.

5) my mac's mail.app and the iphone mail app are conflicting. I had them both set to check mail every 15 minutes, and sometimes on my mac I get errors saying that there's another app checking mail, so it couldn't. I changed my iphone to check every 60 minutes instead, but this still happens every now and then. This never happened when I checked mail from my old phone.

6) Safari crashes a lot, usually when I'm just about done doing a long text field, so I have to type it all over again

I hope some of these are fixable with the next upgrade!
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-10-03, 11:10

There was one, but it turned into a massive catch-all mess that was impossible to follow so I requested it be locked.

You're probably better off focusing on the larger, specific problems rather than trying to catalog all of the little issues that plague the iPhone, because as a rev. A product, there are lots of issues.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
solinari6

2007-10-03, 11:53

Well, I was kind of hoping someone else had the same problems and figured out solutions somehow.
More interested in getting these resolved than cataloging all the errors...
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-10-03, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
Well, I was kind of hoping someone else had the same problems and figured out solutions somehow.
More interested in getting these resolved than cataloging all the errors...
Ah. Trust the software update, brotha

That said, lets hope and pray that Apple follows Microsoft's lead (holy shit, did I just say that?) with the whole "old hardware gets new software" thing that they are doing with the Zune... and that the first gen iPhone also gets OS X Mobile 2.0 when it comes out with the next iPhone.

Oh, and to answer your question - many of those problems bug me, I keep my eyes peeled for iPhone hacks and workarounds and fixes at all times, and I have seen no solutions to your queries. Sorry

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-10-03, 20:24

I think that gmail thing relates to the way they've set it up rather than an iPhone bug. I had the same exact problem on my Moto Q. I just use the webclient to compose emails on gmail.