Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

uk pricing

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
uk pricing
mhuk01

2006-01-11, 13:55

hi everyone,
i have been doing some comparing of the us and uk stores. you guys in the US are extremely lucky. Following the macworld announcment, the intel imac is the same price as the powerpc one! ours is an extra 30 quid!!!!!
now this may same like nothing, but our pricing is already way more than the US.
here is the intel imac US and UK prices (in GPB) - £735 quid for the US and ............................... £929

so what's that... 194 more just because we don't live in the US! that is disgraceful. and education discounts are also even better in the US!

does anyone think the same as me?!

thanks,
martin
neiltc13

2006-01-11, 14:17

The education discounts in the UK also improve if you're a University Student and visit the Apple Store for Higher Education. I paid £790 for my iMac G5 a few weeks ago.
JLL

2006-01-11, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuk01
hi everyone,
i have been doing some comparing of the us and uk stores. you guys in the US are extremely lucky. Following the macworld announcment, the intel imac is the same price as the powerpc one! ours is an extra 30 quid!!!!!
Probably because the exchange rates have changes since the last time.

Quote:
now this may same like nothing, but our pricing is already way more than the US.
here is the intel imac US and UK prices (in GPB) - £735 quid for the US and ............................... £929
The £929 includes VAT, the US price does not. The price without VAT is £790.
mhuk01

2006-01-11, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltc13
I paid £790 for my iMac G5 a few weeks ago.
thats pretty good, but for a student like me now it would be 845 and 854 for the g5 and intel!
neiltc13

2006-01-11, 18:29

The Intel is £817 from the Higher Education Store, are you sure you aren't eligible?
mhuk01

2006-01-12, 12:18

Quote:
The Intel is £817 from the Higher Education Store, are you sure you aren't eligible?
i don't think it is. i make it 854
https://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObj....3.1.0.8.1.0.7
neiltc13

2006-01-12, 13:15

You seem to be getting a little mixed up here. You've been visiting the Apple Store for Education. There is a seperate store available, called the Apple Store for Higher Education. I checked, and King's College London students are indeed eligible.

You can only visit the Higher Education store from inside your Institution's network, or by using VPN.

Visit:

http://apple.procureweb.ac.uk/ from your institution's network for better discounts. They also don't do any verification on these, as you can only get in if you're a student anyway, so it speeds up the order.
mhuk01

2006-01-12, 13:25

Quote:
You seem to be getting a little mixed up here. You've been visiting the Apple Store for Education. There is a seperate store available, called the Apple Store for Higher Education. I checked, and King's College London students are indeed eligible.

You can only visit the Higher Education store from inside your Institution's network, or by using VPN.
firstly, i'm afraid i'm have no idea what VPN is!

also, i'm at a sixth form college, does that count as higher education?
neiltc13

2006-01-12, 13:34

Forget VPN then and order next time you're on the network. As long as you can get into the store then I don't think they actually do any background checks. Go on that link I sent and order from there.
mhuk01

2006-01-12, 13:36

i have tried that and it just says not authorized to view the page. this was on my college's network.
does that mean i can't get a discount?!
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2006-01-12, 15:02

Import one Properly via customs, etc and then see what you think of the price difference!
ChrisUK

2006-01-12, 17:08

Quote:
If you have a NUS Card (Bless them!) Then you can just log in and click the link to the Apple NUS store on the NUS Website. It's £817.80 in the NUS store.

Sixth Formers can get the NUS Associate card, just go and see student services and they will provide you with all the stuff you need to get one (As I did).