Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Alternate Row Coloring

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Alternate Row Coloring
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2011-04-04, 16:34

Am I missing something or has the alternate shading went away? I kind liked the subtle shading to make each post distinct and not feel so washed together.
remlemasi
Formerly “theelmerguy”

2011-04-04, 16:39

I still see it. Come to think of it, I've never *noticed* it. That's how subtle is was/is. Nonetheless, I'm sure it had a positive experience on my reading.

Perhaps monitor calibration is off? I remember that iTunes row shading would disappear with bad calibrations.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-04, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Am I missing something or has the alternate shading went away? I kind liked the subtle shading to make each post distinct and not feel so washed together.
Sounds like SOMEONE needs to calibrate his display.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2011-04-04, 16:46

Well, unfortunately, I did. It chomped major donkey balls so I had someone else do it for me and I think it's reasonably better but if the shading is still there, it's certainly less noticeable.

I fail at calibration.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-04-04, 17:04

Wait a second...has this always been there? I've not touched my calibration settings, but I've never noticed the alternating light/darker grey before. But I do now. How interesting. Or was that just implemented? I is so confusitated.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2011-04-04, 17:11

Paul, it has been here since day 1 I signed up. It's pretty subtle but oh, so wonderful thing to have. Speaks volume to the effort Brad put into the UI, I'd think.

Anyway, I dug up a old color profile and now everything's sane. I'm not going to try and calibrate the fucking thing ever again. It just ends up in tragedy and eye stabbing.
remlemasi
Formerly “theelmerguy”

2011-04-04, 17:31

Rofl.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-04-04, 17:33

Call me Captain Oblivious. Fighting for truth, justice and WTF is that?!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-04, 17:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Wait a second...has this always been there? I've not touched my calibration settings, but I've never noticed the alternating light/darker grey before. But I do now. How interesting. Or was that just implemented? I is so confusitated.
It's been a hallmark of the AppleNova Pro design. I implemented it at AI many many years ago, and although Jack didn't use the alternating colors with the first AppleInsider.org/AppleNova release, shortly after we went live I found a way to make it work and have been carrying it on ever since.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-04, 18:04

It's super helpful, though I prefer the cobblestone pattern.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2011-04-04, 20:40

I love the shading. Not too much as to be distracting, but just enough to notice.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2011-04-05, 05:22

Yeah, alternate row colouring always made finding the appropriate invisible grey to hide surreptitious text troublesome.

See what I mean? <-- That might be totally invisible on the other row.

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.