Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iMovie pointer graphic

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iMovie pointer graphic
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-10-10, 23:01

I'm looking for an iMovie plugin or a way to insert a graphic where I can, for example, insert an arrow that points to a football player on the field. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks

(It's late, maybe I'm not thinking of a simple solution for this? Let me know what I need to do!)

Last edited by Messiahtosh : 2005-10-10 at 23:09.
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2005-10-10, 23:58

Will this arrow be following the player around? Or only make a quick "stationary" point?
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-10-11, 00:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigVan
Will this arrow be following the player around? Or only make a quick "stationary" point?
Just a quick "stationary" point.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-10-11, 02:10

A simple easy way I've done it in the past is to copy the frame of the video that you want the arrow on, paste it into a photoshop document, add the arrow, split the video clip where you took the frame capture from, and paste the frame back in complete with photoshopped arrow.

Come waste your time with me
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-10-11, 07:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
A simple easy way I've done it in the past is to copy the frame of the video that you want the arrow on, paste it into a photoshop document, add the arrow, split the video clip where you took the frame capture from, and paste the frame back in complete with photoshopped arrow.
Jesus....
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-10-11, 11:46

What about Him?

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my explanation, but it's really an easy process. I can pull it off in less than a minute. Of course, you can use any photo editing application such as graphic converter if you don't have access to Photoshop. If you're having trouble understanding that or making it work, feel free to ask more questions. If you don't wanna do it that way, there are other ways, but it's easier if you're not using iMovie. I'll look for an iMovie solution and see what I can do for you.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-10-11, 12:03

Thanks DMB, I can also use FCP but I have already split up clips within iMovie. I could just import the project into FCP, but once I'm in that program, what would I do to add the arrow. I want to add an arrow that points to a specific player and have it still-frame like that for maybe 4 seconds.

Thanks again,

Chris
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-10-11, 12:09

In iMovie, go to the point in the video that you want to "pause" for that 4 seconds and add the arrow in. Copy that frame of video than split the clip at that point. Paste the frame of video (which is essentially just a photo at this point) into a photo editing program, add the arrow in wherever you want it, save the picture.

At this point you may want to add that picture to your iPhoto library as it will make adding it back into your movie that much easier. Go to the photo tab in iMovie, find the picture you just created, place it, instruct it to stay for 4 seconds (or whatever your decided duration is).

No, it's not elegant or professional, but it's an easy way to add a graphic in.