Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

CSI: htaccess file

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
CSI: htaccess file
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-21, 11:28

I took over some graphics chores for a friend when she left a company that I consult for and I've ended up with the responsibility for the website. I've posted some graphics files into a directory on the website and can download them just fine (when in the office) but nobody else can download them from other locations.

I can only suspect the .htaccess file that I've found which has the company's domain name and a string of letters trailing it....

example (not the real deal for obvious reasons):

applenova:U9ajkLewpqUN
www.applenova.com:U9ajkLewpqUN

Can one of you guys tell me what this partiuclar htaccess command does? (I'm googling for info in the meantime). Thanks for anyone who can help shed light on this mystery!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-21, 15:30

Nevermind you guys, the file I was looking at was the htpasswd (password) file, NOT the htaccess file. My problem is something altogether more exotic. Or less exotic, it may have something to do with the permissions set on the files in OS X, or perhaps the fact that the file was a "Photoshop JPG"....heck, not altogether sure or entirely worried about it at this point.....thanks anyhow~

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-09-21, 15:38

We're here to help
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-09-21, 15:52

Photoshop JPG or other creator association should not make any difference as long as the file extension is properly set as .jpg (some old PCs may prefer .jpe, but .jpg is standard). Permissions may be more likely.