AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

WTF Things You Found On the Interwebs

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
WTF Things You Found On the Interwebs
Page 5 of 53 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  Next Last Thread Tools
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2008-02-27, 16:17

Garfield is for kids. Seriously. When I was a kid, I thought Garfield was really deep and wise (also tells you how long it's been around, sheesh). But I outgrew it at some point (probably at 16 or so), and that was it. No more Garfield.

Same with Dilbert, it's just not as age-related. Somebody should do Dilbert sans Dilbert, that would certainly be interesting. Though I suspect Dilbert's publisher would call in an airstrike pretty quickly ...

Edit: just looked at a couple of strips. You would also have to remove dogbert, catbert, ratbert, goofbert, crapbert, dumbbert, and all the other various unfunny characters. Would be pretty empty ...
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2008-02-27, 16:32

Actually, Comics.com is almost entirely a collection of irrelevant comics with no wit whatsoever. Every once in a while when I visit it, I end up feeling ashamed for wasting my time.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-02-27, 16:46

"Calvin and Hobbes" is the only strip I ever really enjoyed and followed. It was funny, sweet, brutal and twisted...occasionally all at the same time. I have some collections (the large paperback compilations) and, to this day, I can open to any page and get a genuine chuckle or smile. That kid was a little terror!

But it was so well-written and drawn!
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-02-27, 16:52

Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2008-02-28, 10:26

Why I don't dig iPods:

It's from an awesome web-comic that mixes Dawn of the Dead with Reservoir Dogs and The Little Red Riding-hod.

deadwinter.cc
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-02-29, 15:09

The world is ending. Pack your shit and run as fast, and far, as you can.

Why is this crusty old dust-pooter still on TV? And what in the hell is he wearing, pants-wise? Scared me half to death. The fact that CNN themselves put this up as a "featured video" just speaks volumes. You'd think they'd do their best to bury it.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-02-29, 15:30

CNN just called. Apparently I'm booked on "Larry King Live" tonight at 9:00pm ET, to ask him "WTF?!?"

Tune in, or set your TiVo...should be an entertaining hour. Then me and Mickey Rooney are going to reminisce about the old glory-days of Hollywood, and who we've each nailed (Russell, Hayworth, etc.).
¡Damned!

2008-02-29, 15:44

I thought you'd get the call from NBC before this. Gene Shalit is getting more annoying every day.
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2008-02-29, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
The world is ending. Pack your shit and run as fast, and far, as you can.

Why is this crusty old dust-pooter still on TV? And what in the hell is he wearing, pants-wise? Scared me half to death. The fact that CNN themselves put this up as a "featured video" just speaks volumes. You'd think they'd do their best to bury it.

that is truly funny! HAHAH!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-02-29, 16:43

Yeah, but many would say that I'm worse.

But you're right...he's all schtick, isn't he? I saw him recently give a review on Meredith's Morning Masturba... (sorry, "The Today Show" ), and I still don't know what it was about. It was just one awful pun after another, and excessively-cute one-liners, the entire segment.

"Idiot! What's the movie about?!? And put the camera back on Ms. Vieira...she's wearing strappy shoes, for crying out loud!"
murbot
Hoonigan

2008-03-04, 09:53

Uncle Dirty

probably nsfw
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-03-07, 19:19

Lego Weapons
Eugene
careful with axes

2008-03-13, 22:54

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/roo/599273863.html
zsummers
Avast!

2008-03-13, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
You must wear a belt with bells. I only have 2, so only one friend over at a time.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-03-17, 00:58

I was just now browsing my local newspaper's website. Checking out the categorized photo galleries from "events around town". Seems we had a sci-fi/comic convention come through Chattanooga in late February (how did I miss this?!), held at the downtown trade and convention center.

I was clicking through the weekend's photo gallery (some hot vixens in sci-fi/geek costumes...one of my favorite hobbies, I won't lie; few things get me hotter than a shapely female stormtrooper with Imperial cleavage and a "I partied at Mos Eisley, Spring Break 2002" ass tattoo) and came across this one:

Seems there were a couple of "How To Not Get Laid, Ever" seminar tracks taking place throughout the weekend. Photography was allowed, apparently.

Voltar X'baldrag and his Trifarian Swordkeeper Brigade (under the command, of course, by General Kalssifar III and his Nitrolian sidekick, Pexan the Dwabbor) is coming for that dude on the left. You just know it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-03-17, 01:00

Oops...double post.

The Force wasn't with me...
Eugene
careful with axes

2008-03-17, 20:52

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979...-in-world.html
zsummers
Avast!

2008-03-18, 00:28

What? You don't like my cape? I'll have you know I've been laid (once) (I think).*

*Possibly not true.
murbot
Hoonigan

2008-03-18, 09:59

Eric Clapton is all thumbs
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-03-18, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
That was terrifying. And funny. Yeah, but mostly it was the terrifying.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-03-18, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
This one kills me...I can't breathe.

Vai is such a pompous horse's ass (just shy of Yngwie), so I'm loving this on several levels. To me, that's about what his playing sounds like anyway (overwrought noodling and "majestic complexity"), so it's funny to see that someone else thinks the same sort of thing. His facial expressions throughout just put me over the edge.

BTW, Yngwie...1986 called. It wants all it's shit back: hair, clothes, pose, guitar strap, clichéd "god of metal" typography, wall of amps to show you're a bad-ass, etc. If that pic above isn't the height of douchebaggery, I don't know what is.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2008-03-18, 13:12

The McCartney court papers make for great wtf reading - especially where the judge picks apart holes in her whole testimony!
Eugene
careful with axes

2008-03-18, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
That was terrifying. And funny. Yeah, but mostly it was the terrifying.
Dude...

Quote:
This, dear reader, is a medium-sized lump of Sweet Fucking Christ. Casu Marzu is a sheep' milk cheese that has been deliberately infested by a Piophila casei, the "cheese fly." The result is a maggot-ridden, weeping stink bomb in an advanced state of decomposition.

Its translucent larvae are able to jump about 6 inches into the air, making this the only cheese that requires eye protection while eating. The taste is strong enough to burn the tongue, and the larvae themselves pass through the stomach undigested, sometimes surviving long enough to breed in the intestine, where they attempt to bore through the walls, causing vomiting and bloody diarrhea.
What's not to like?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-03-18, 14:30

There's a show - either on the Travel Channel or Food Network - where some guy (shaved head, kinda hefty) goes around the world eating weird, gross stuff. I'll sit and watch it sometimes just because it makes my grilled cheese sandwich or chicken noodle soup seem so much better and tastier.

"At least I'm not eating glazed anteater balls..."
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-03-18, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit View Post
The McCartney court papers make for great wtf reading - especially where the judge picks apart holes in her whole testimony!
Still, she somehow made £50million out of it, so she didn't do too badly. £50 Million for a poorly argued, poorly prepared court case.

Sigh...
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-03-18, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Still, she somehow made £50million out of it, so she didn't do too badly. £24 Million for a poorly argued, poorly prepared court case.

Sigh...
T,FTFY.

It was $50 million.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2008-03-18, 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
Uncle Dirty

probably nsfw
I hate you.

I'm serious. I hate you now.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-03-18, 21:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran23kk View Post
T,FTFY.

It was $50 million.

Ah, right. Why wasn't it reported in pounds then? Stupid....
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2008-03-19, 07:46

Because American's don't understand the concept of pounds.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-03-19, 11:49

Unless it's the kind that melt away with our exciting new diet pill, Fatblastin®©™. Eat whatever you want and watch the pounds disappear, with Fatblastin®©™! It's dynamic! It's holistic! It's the pinnacle of modern science! Your dog will love it! Use it as plant food! Take it on cruises! Ride it to work! Your life can be improved a millionfold with Fatblastin®©™! *

*Fatblastin®©™ may in fact be a placebo and you may be at risk for fatal obesity if you eat whatever you want. Fatblastin®©™ may not, in fact, be fit for consumption or anything else. FatBlastCo takes no responsibility for its product whatsoever. May cause horrible death and rashes.