User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Criticism of my friend's artwork...(Apple Exec Charicatures Inside)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Criticism of my friend's artwork...(Apple Exec Charicatures Inside)
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 00:39

These are some 5 minute drawings by Dominic, my friend, who got a little bit annoyed by the criticism of his iMac mock up. Now, the thing is, he knows nothing about computers or Apple Computer. These drawings were made from him just looking at a picture of each of the people he drew, I then gave him guidence about what to put in the text bubbles.

Enjoy, and Applenut, you needed a little ribbing.

Jobs in his hospital bed. (Notice Intel Inside on his IV)

Ive loving the Messiahtosh iMac design, Schiller thinking about the usual...

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-17, 00:46

The fact of the matter was, not that we were criticizing his drawing skills. Wow, this angers me. Instead of telling your artistic friend that people were criticizing YOUR design, not his interpretation of it, you told him that we didn't like his skills. That is just the sort of ignorant behavior the mac community needs, and you seem to be full of it... I hope I'm very off base on this, but somehow, from past experience, I don't quite think I am.

User formally known as Sh0eWax

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 00:50

He is a Mac user man. There was a direct shot at his creative skills from Applenut, so he thought it would be funny to "get back at him" by honing his skills at the same time. By the way, he's sleeping over tonight and is right here watching this.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-17, 00:51

his drawing is a hell of a lot better than your writing.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 00:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
his drawing is a hell of a lot better than your writing.
Eat ass

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-17, 00:55

you're going to feed me one of your papers?

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 00:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
you're going to feed me one of your papers?

Shut up and laugh at the comics.

SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2004-08-17, 01:14

he's sleeping over?
are you going to the quarry tomorrow so you can rub oil on each other?

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-17, 01:28

Messiahtosh! You should have told us you had inside info (starting @ post 518)! You lucky devil you!

P.S. I thought Dominique was a Mac user, not knowing "nothing about computers or Apple Computer."

User formally known as Sh0eWax

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-17, 01:30

And I think the best part of your post there is the jibe at Applenut who isn't even part of those forums...

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 01:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0eWax
Messiahtosh! You should have told us you had inside info (starting @ post 518)! You lucky devil you!

P.S. I thought Dominique was a Mac user, not knowing "nothing about computers or Apple Computer."
Dominic, actually. He just got an eMac for college and hasn't even really used it much yet, so it's fair to say he doesn't know a whole lot about Macs.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkaratemonkeydeathcar
he's sleeping over?
are you going to the quarry tomorrow so you can rub oil on each other?
Are you gay?

murbot
Hoonigan

2004-08-17, 10:36

Why, you want to make sure before you invite him to the quarry too?

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 10:42

nope

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-17, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
nope
What a comeback! LOL

murbot: 1
Messiahtosh: 0

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
What a comeback! LOL

murbot: 1
Messiahtosh: 0
Hilarious Luca! You're fucking funny as hell, tallying the scores like that...

Let me go change my pants.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-17, 11:12

Quote:
Hilarious Luca! You're fucking funny as hell, tallying the scores like that...

Let me go change my pants.
Yeah, I do what I can.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
Yeah, I do what I can.
Wow, what a comeback!

ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-08-17, 11:38

You know, knowing I get to read threads like his on my lunch break gives me tremendous joy. I literally laugh out loud sometimes and the people give me a weird look. Sure it's probably not because I'm laughing out loud, but I can pretend.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 11:47

so, do you like the comics or what?

¡Damned!

2004-08-17, 12:02

Quote:
These are some 5 minute drawings by Dominic, my friend, who got a little bit annoyed by the criticism of his iMac mock up.
Your friend got annoyed by a little criticizm and immediately resorts to pissy gradeschool humor? Wow.

I didn't realize you guys traveled in packs.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
Your friend got annoyed by a little criticizm and immediately resorts to pissy gradeschool humor? Wow.

I didn't realize you guys traveled in packs.
They are pretty clever though, do you think a gradeschooler could connect all of those issues, in a detailed comic strip-like sketch?

We have Jobs in his hospital bed, the new iMac in his hands, his feet sticking out of the covers, an IV with "intel inside" hooked up to him, and him loving MY concept.

Pretty good stuff.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-17, 12:11

I feel like I've raided LoCash's medicine cabinet. Everything is all swirly and pulsing. This thread simply can't be real.

It's all a big joke. Cop to it, Chris (or whatever your name is).

You've done for Internet forums what Phil Hendrie does for radio!

Good show. Now come on and just cop to the gag! We're all friends here!

On a serious note, though, let me share this: a running theme through Rush's show as of late (I know, I know...bear with me, people, because it rings true) is that "greatness doesn't have to be defined". If you have to explain things over and over, assign them greater-than-deserved status, prop up minor episodes and experiences, etc., then it rings a bit hollow.

Greatness and genius stand on their own, unassisted, for all to see and "get" (with no prodding or heavy-handed urging).

True greatness - heroism, service, talent, brains, humor, tech savvy, sexual prowess, etc. - doesn't have to be explained, justified, broken down, propped up, bragged about, etc.

Something to chew on.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-08-17 at 12:18.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 12:20

What does that even mean?

murbot
Hoonigan

2004-08-17, 12:26

Uh... isn't Phil Hendrie funny?

ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-08-17, 12:29

Quote:
What does that even mean?

It means, you get to laugh when you see the campaign posters, commercials or hear their radio advertisements for either presidential candidate. <cut to keep thread clean from partisan views>

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-17, 12:30

You tell me.

Something about spanning three threads (at AppleNova alone, not even counting the ones you're in at AppleInsider and MacRumors about this iMac G5 design) on something, trying to talk something into being beyond what it is.

Engaging in more theatre, and pushing past that bubble where most might just go "okay...".

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-17, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
Uh... isn't Phil Hendrie funny?
Phil Hendrie is a Class A riot, and I never miss a show! I was, however, referring to the concept and not the execution. Chris isn't a riot, really.

He might CAUSE one, but he's not one...

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-17, 12:32

I was not trying to push anything as great, a little ridiculousness never hurt anyone, except maybe Michael Jackson.

synotic

2004-08-17, 12:52

Quote:
These are some 5 minute drawings by Dominic, my friend, who got a little bit annoyed by the criticism of his iMac mock up. Now, the thing is, he knows nothing about computers or Apple Computer. These drawings were made from him just looking at a picture of each of the people he drew, I then gave him guidence about what to put in the text bubbles.
I didn't see anywhere anyone posting anything bad about the actual drawing in that thread. I think perhaps you're mistaking the word design for the actual drawing. It was referring to your design, the idea. Not the actual interpretation on paper. The drawing was perfect in that it reflected your idea and allowed people to comment on that. People didn't like your design.

For what's it worth, I know very little about you and I've seen very few of your posts to make any past assumptions about you or have any bias towards you. But posting crap like this:

Quote:
We have Jobs in his hospital bed, the new iMac in his hands, his feet sticking out of the covers, an IV with "intel inside" hooked up to him, and him loving MY concept.

Pretty good stuff
I think it'd do good to actually read through what pscates said, it's not hard to understand. But the gist of it: you don't need to tell people something is good if it's truly good.

If you want my opinion on the cartoon, the drawing is excellent, it trumps anything I've ever drawn. As for being funny, the expressions were amusing. The text wasn't. At all. In my opinion.