User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Leopards Mail.app Vs Tigers Mail.app

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Leopards Mail.app Vs Tigers Mail.app
babyb

2008-09-09, 06:38

Ok i normally just come to these forums to try to help others but today I find myself coming to you guys for a bit of help.

In Tiger's version of mail.app you could drag folders from the mail.app to the desktop and it would create a folder on your desktop containing in the individual emails. You could even highlight multipul emails in a single folder and drag those to the desktop and it would just dump those emails straight onto the desktop in .eml format.

However since an upgrade to Leopard it now seems to be impossible. The only way to get mail out of mail.app is to perform an archive of the entire mailbox, which dumps out to an .mbox format. Or you can drag a single email out to .eml format, but only one at a time.

Anyone got any idea how to get emails out of leopard mail.app in .eml format when dealing with more than one email at a time?

bruce

2008-09-15, 15:12

From the mail help facility on leopard:

To archive a mailbox:

Select one or more mailboxes to archive.

Shift-click to select mailboxes that are next to each other in the list, or Command-click to select mailboxes that are not next to one another.

Choose Mailbox > Archive Mailbox, or choose Archive Mailbox from the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) at the bottom of the sidebar.

Choose a folder or create a new folder where you want to store the archives, and then click Choose.

Mail archives the mailboxes as .mbox packages. If you’ve already archived a mailbox, Mail does not overwrite the existing file but appends a number to the filename to create a new version of it.
babyb

2008-09-16, 03:37

Thanks very much for your reply but I did say I didn't want them in mbox format.

Judging by the amount of people that have read this post and not replied I'm guessing it's not possible anymore...another feature gone up the spout