User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Post your computer setup pic

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Post your computer setup pic
Page 41 of 48 First Previous 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45  Next Last Thread Tools
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2009-05-07, 00:09

Nope, I've been a Mac user since 1987. Early version of Mac OS only let you run one app at a time, most likely where I picked up the habit. I've honestly never understood why you'd not want to use the entire screen for the app you are working with. I find it far easier to switch apps via the app switcher than have a bunch of small windows all over the place. Why waste screen space with a bunch of stuff you aren't using?
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-05-07, 00:12

I'm kind of in the same habit. I just want to be able to see everything on the webpage at once. When I've got the other monitor hooked up things are different. Especially when I'm using Colloquy.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-05-07, 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjones View Post
DUDE - Some of you guys have a super cluttered desk - How do you function?!!!!!!?!!!!!?!!!!!
Mine is cluttered because I'm getting things rearranged right now. I had a huge Sony G520 CRT on my desk until a few nights ago. That's why the back of the desk is cut out, so I could push the monitor back because it's something like 26" deep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post
Turtle...you have a shatload of storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
I was staring at turtle2472's photo, kind of hypnotised, thinking exactly what surjones said. Same for scratt's pics a while ago.
I'm actually getting rid of most of the drives sitting on the desk out of enclosures. The black enclosure to the right of the MB is a RAID 1 enclosure for my iTunes Library (2 x 1TB = 1TB). The silver one to the left of the monitor is holding a 320GB and a 250GB used for scratch and storage. You couldn't see the white 250GB sitting on top on the Mini under the MB.

Oh, and the flash drives are all used for my Tech Service business I own. Each drive has certain tool installed. Some are just small and old but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.
Quote:
PB PM: you don't have to fill the monitor with a browser window. In fact, how do you function like that?!!!!!!?!!!!!?!!!!!
I do the same thing here. Actually right now I don't have Safari filling the screen, but it is the only visible screen. Between CMD-Tab and expose I shift between apps. When doing transfers and such I'll have multiple windows up on the screen.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-05-07, 09:54

After seeing some setups and talking about iTunes, is there a native way to have synced iTunes libraries?

If I change something on my Macbook, I'd like it to change on my other one instead of once a month updating the whole iTunes file.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2009-05-07, 14:42

Ok.. Here's my current monstrosity.. I am knee deep in three projects, and YES I do need all of those machines.. Really!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
Jasoco

2009-05-07, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Nope, I've been a Mac user since 1987. Early version of Mac OS only let you run one app at a time, most likely where I picked up the habit. I've honestly never understood why you'd not want to use the entire screen for the app you are working with. I find it far easier to switch apps via the app switcher than have a bunch of small windows all over the place. Why waste screen space with a bunch of stuff you aren't using?
I need to be able to see my Firefox and my Mail at the same time overlapping. I actually wish the 13" screens came with a higher resolution (I'd settle for 1440x900) so I could squeeze a it more in here.

The only apps anyone should run taking up the whole screen (Not counting fullscreen video players) are iMovie, iPhoto, Photoshop maybe... But Firefox, I can't stand it taking up the whole screen. It hides the desktop and makes me feel claustrophobic.

1024~ is the biggest I want my browser. Browser on the left, mail to the right. So I can click back and forth between them to answer forum reply emails from the many many forums I frequent.
Jasoco

2009-05-07, 15:19

Click to embiggen and see all the neat stuff.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-05-07, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasoco View Post

Click to embiggen and see all the neat stuff.
I'm lovin the mulder and scully poster.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2009-05-07, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Ok.. Here's my current monstrosity.. I am knee deep in three projects, and YES I do need all of those machines.. Really!

(...)
Looks more tidy than usual to me.

evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2009-05-08, 00:54

just got a new macbook pro so will be updating when i get back home from school in a few days although my home is now the temp place so really you'll have to wait till august to really see my setup pic. right now most of my stuff is packed up. Just gotta write a paper and take a test tomorrow and I'm done!!
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-05-08, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Looks more tidy than usual to me.

Well thank you, Sir!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2009-06-17, 21:05

A small change, traded my aging 15" MBP for a new 13" model, all else is the same.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-06-17, 21:14

Damn, that's a handsome little machine...

It's perfect, IMO. It's the first time I've craved a notebook in a good while.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2009-06-17, 21:16

It is nice! I opted for the higher end 2.53Ghz model.
matt

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via Yahoo to matt  
2009-06-17, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post

holy nerd bags!
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-06-17, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
holy nerd bags!
We do genuinely care about your opinions. And all feedback is greatly received and considered. We regret that we may not be able to reply personally and individually to you all.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
Meli

2009-06-17, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
A small change, traded my aging 15" MBP for a new 13" model, all else is the same.

I especially like the roll of TP. Never know when you're gonna need it!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2009-06-17, 23:39

Yeah, sometimes I forget to buy Kleenex.
Partial
Stallion

2009-06-18, 02:24

^ Soooo sexy. Just wish it wasn't so reflective
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2009-06-18, 02:38

That is the one downside. The store I bought mine said there is a nice matte cover you can put on it though, which removes the glare and does not reduce image quality. The glass does make it rather hard to see during the day, but I use my external 22" most of the time so I figure I'll get by till I make a decision one way or another.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2009-06-18, 16:34

Maybe the reflective screen is more easy to wipe clean from whatever didn't get caught in the TP.

surjones

2009-06-18, 16:38

I have the new MBP 17 2.93 matte - and I just got my father n-law a 15" since he doesnt want the larger 17", the only issue is that they did not have matte, I got the Power Support Matte static cling for 15" MBP. He loves it. I hate Glossy, and I think most people I run into do as well.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-06-18, 17:09

The glossy screen was one of the deciding factors in me getting a Mini instead of an iMac. I have a window behind me.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-06-18, 17:17

The glossy screen doesn't bother me. But I do wish I had a matte one, just because the bezel looks better.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-06-19, 17:51

My desk is a catastrophe right now, lol.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2009-06-19, 18:14

Ah, seeing that iBook brings back memories of the one I had five years ago. Hows the old Book doing?
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2009-06-20, 07:06

Oooh, the Mac mini is an absolute delight, even on a messy desk!

That's a relatively rare 14-inch iBook. The mini and a 20-inch screen are going to be a big upgrade in performance and comfort. Nice.

P.S. What's the little plastic box in front of the external disk (?) on the left-hand side of the iBook?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-06-20, 07:12

Looks like the plastic case for those mini-DV tapes for camcorders. I've got a few of them.

Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2009-06-20, 07:21

Ah, I think you've nailed that. Good job the mini has FireWire!
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2009-06-20, 22:59

Bucking the trend and replacing my Cube and 20" Cinema display with last fall's (refurb) 15" MBP.

Now all I need is to move so I can get back my desk.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.