User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Flash CS3 conversions

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Flash CS3 conversions
Dovek916

2008-01-29, 21:14

Probably an easy question, but how do you convert videos in Flash CS3? Thanks in advance
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-01-29, 22:20

Ok I'll give the big picture. Try it and if you got more questions, I could give more details on specific section.

So you'll be importing the swf to the timeline and then exporting the timeline to a video. For the file type, Action Script 2 or 3 doesn't matter

1. Setting up the stage. Once you've created a new file, press CMD+J to set the size of your video + framerate.

2. Importing. CMD+R (or file/import/import to stage). It will take a while depending of the lenght of your video.

3.Exporting. CMD+OPT+SHIFT+S (or export/export movie). Name your file and select "quicktime movie" for dropdown menu.

4.Choose your settings. So you set your size, when last frame is reached, ... Go in the "quicktime settings" and choose your encoder and all. Watch out for the size here to cause your can specify a different size for the encoder so your movie will stretch/compress.

Hope it's clear enough. Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions !

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
Dovek916

2008-01-30, 00:54

dmegatool-Thank you so very much. You just made my week, year, everything. I have no luck until now in working with .swf, and finally it works. Everyone who I have asked said, " oh it won't work" or "it isn't possible", but you came through for me BIG time!! . On the apple forums, they said, Quicktime won't work with it, and Jing, the tech support for the screen capture program said that they don't support iMovie even though they make the product for the Mac. dmegatool, I can not tell you how happy I am, and I am forever in debt to you! Thank you a million times

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-01-30, 08:15

Glad to hear it worked Don't forget the rep point
Dovek916

2008-02-01, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegatool View Post
Glad to hear it worked Don't forget the rep point
Done!
Dovek916

2008-02-08, 19:11

Ok, so it is working well accept for the fact that it is cutting off part of the video. It is like you need to scroll over and down, but you cannot. The entire video is visable before saving/exporting it, but not after. How do I stop it from cutting it off?

-Drew

dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-02-08, 22:25

Maybe the stage isn't set properly (The CMD+J part). Once your video is imported, try CMD+Enter. It will test the movie in swf. Maybe you could check if evrything is fine there. That's pretty much what's gonna be exported in video.

If it doesn't work, try to give more details on what you are doing and whats going. Maybe if you don't mind me seeing your video, I could do it for you... if you think you won't need to do it in future.

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
Dovek916

2008-02-08, 23:53

Ok, so I tried the cmd-enter, and it shows the video as cut off. When I import the .swf file, and am looking at the main screen, and dragging the frame selector, I can see the whole image, but when I hit cmd-enter and/or save the file, it cuts it off. If when I hit cmd-j, should I change the pixel's to 320 by 280, or something like that, or are there settings when I am saving the file via cmd-shift-option-s? . I'll PM you the info on how to get the file.