User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

A Little Help, Please?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
A Little Help, Please?
0gee5

2004-07-18, 19:25

This may be out of place or considered stupid, but I'm studying this summer at a university in Texas and I ran across some old notebooks in a lab I'm spendin g way too much time in that has intrigued me. I have so little to do you can tell I don't really have a life! Anyway, I did a search on some of the names and theres not much I can find but you have one poster on this site that has a smal;l part in the chronicles. He's Groverat. How do I contact him and ask him about his part in this? Did he go to Rice? I can't find anyone listed that seems to have any form of his name so I can't email them. I ran across an old article of his in your website in Viva Revolucion - Where is the moderation? Based on what is said about him and what I see in these notebooks, I'd like to talk to him. Sorry if this seems dumb but I'm just curious.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-07-18, 19:43

It is a little out of place, frankly, but my advice to you is two-fold assuming you're going to track Groverat down:

1) I'm not saying you have, but be careful when making assumptions about a person, especially if you're basing them something you found in a discarded notebook. And especially if you don't know who wrote it or why.

2) I wouldn't post anything that you read in that notebook on any internet forum until you've been able to send a private message / figure out what the deal is first. I say private message because it seems inappropriate to request a person's private contact info on a public forum, in a scenario like this.

...into the light of a dark black night.
¡Damned!

2004-07-18, 20:16

Ditto what Moogs said.

You might have better luck sending him a PM through AppleInsider.com, as I don't know how much he frequents AppleNova.

A few things that may help you get a response:

1) Don't PM him from here and AI...that just reeks of stalking and Grover will probably ignore you.

2) Actually explain why you're trying to contact him. With facts and history and everything. For the life of me I still don't know why you need to talk to Groverat, even after reading your post three times.

3) Hit the goddamned return key once in a while. Posts like the above are annoying as hell.

I've always liked Groverat, though he can sometimes be abrasive to those who aren't used to him. If your skin is a bit thin, grow some more layers before contacting him.

So it goes.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-07-18, 20:24

Here are two links that might help to get you started:
groverat @ appleinsider.com (profile) &
groverat (?) @ orangeinsider.org (profile)

I think these two profiles are the same person. You can send him a PM from the AI link I'd say - looks like he still posts there frequently.

PS - heed the advice above!

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-07-18, 20:39

groverat@mail.utexas.edu

His name is Adam.
0gee5

2004-07-18, 20:44

Yeah - it was a little dumb. And I wouldn't post anything from the notebooks.

It just looks like a few of students from some years back used to regularly send in messages. They were pretty good, at least some of them. And they weren't especially to Groverat but he's the only one my search turned up.

Anyway, sorry for the intrusion. I know it looks weird because I'm not saying why I want to contact him, but you world need to read all of these very clever comments to understand.

Some were directed at him, that's all. He may not even remember or might even be a different dude entirely. IMOH, its like a really cool history of someplace that used to exist somewhere, that's all.

Yeah - dumb idea! So long!
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-08-25, 19:44

Seems he found Groverat