User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Text editors
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-02-08, 07:30

I totally get version control. I mean, every single tool in the chest is there for a reason, and the processes are the result of decades of incremental improvements in efficiency. The level at which I've been working is bereft of that kind of discipline. There is rarely a sandbox, changes are often live tweaks. I just don't feel like I've had time to introduce procedural improvements, which sucks because I know that I'm missing out on something.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-02-08, 08:44

Yeah, I've started dabbling in git more and more lately with some of my Azure work I'm having to get into. In fact, I currently have two php Apps in Azure that are "hosted" from GitHub. Stupid simple, but it is forcing me to learn version control somewhat.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
matthew90

2022-02-20, 08:04

I use Brackets when coding bigger projects like the FCC challenges, and Notepad++ or Chrome’s Dev Tools when solving algorithms.