Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-12-23, 12:39

This pretty much proves it, I think...

Quote:
By Rod McGuirk
Associated Press
Published December 23, 2005

CANBERRA, Australia -- Children meandered around their parents' ankles. A man, likely a hunter, dashed through the mud. Somebody dragged a dead animal along the shores of a lake.

Now the footprints they left some 20,000 years ago are giving a fresh perspective on the lives of Australian aborigines.

Since an aboriginal park ranger stumbled upon the first print in 2003 in Mungo National Park, 500 miles west of Sydney, archeologists helped by local aborigines have excavated 457 other prints from the region's shifting sands.

"This is the nearest we've got to prehistoric film where you can see someone's heel slip in the mud as they're running fast," Steve Webb, a professor of Australian studies at Queensland state's Bond University, said Thursday.

"It brings that element of life that other archeological remains can't," added Webb, who leads a team that is tracing the ancient prints.

The New South Wales state government, which has helped fund the research, revealed the footprints' existence Thursday ahead of a report on the find to be published early next year in the Journal of Human Evolution.

When the tracks were laid between 19,000 and 23,000 years ago at the height of the last Ice Age in swampland near the shores of Willandra Lakes, the habitat was a lush oasis in Australia's arid interior. The lake system dried up 14,000 years ago.
In honor of Murbot I ask, what more proof does one need, to know where everything came from?
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-12-23, 12:51

They were running from his Noodley Appendage.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-12-23, 13:39

toward, not from, but toward his divine appendage

g
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-12-23, 13:40

LoL, where do the meatballs come into play?
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-12-23, 13:46

Just so you know, any findings are made so by the FSM.

Quote:
For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-12-23, 14:33

I think we should be respectful here and refer to it as HiDA (His Devine Appendage). Speaking of which, maybe you should modify your signature to the more Chuck-like "Grandmaster of Iron Appendage".

...into the light of a dark black night.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-02-21, 21:18

I was going to post this in "Passion of the Spaghetti Monster" thread, but Messiahtosh had to ruin it with real religious stuff (how's that for a sacrilegious name? Kind of ironic, eh?)

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-02-21, 23:03

Need of a name change is the least of his problems... BTW that chic is hot.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-02-21, 23:17

Big redish brown balls. Yummi.
murbot
Hoonigan

2013-05-18, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Big redish brown balls. Yummi.
I've been self diagnosing a medical issue... what are the odds a post from AN would be the first search result?
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-05-18, 13:52

lol...
Mac+
9" monochrome

2013-05-18, 21:42

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2013-05-19, 21:49

Murbot! Missed ya, man!

Where did all the Powers Whut Be skitter off to?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-05-19, 23:28

I've already told y'all to calm down.

I'm using my mock-mod powers for awesome until Brad's hands finish healing.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2013-05-20, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
I've been self diagnosing a medical issue... what are the odds a post from AN would be the first search result?
We're here to help. The prescription is more booze and cowbell. In that order.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2013-05-20, 18:09

And pizza; because flying noodle monsters get tired of pasta sometimes too. Who do you think invented pizza... the ITALIANS? YAH... dry that one out you can fertilize the Outback.

Murbot: thanks for the bump (I forgot this thread existed) and sorry about the Red Ballz.

Spoiler (click to toggle):

Didn't you say there was a real crack epidemic in Calgary once?

murbot
Hoonigan

2013-05-21, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Murbot! Missed ya, man!

Where did all the Powers Whut Be skitter off to?
No idea man, but I've been basically off the grid for a long time. Lots of real life shit to deal with. Nothing major, just some illegal police searches, health problems (don't worry, my balls are fine), and road trips. I haven't even had time to do my daily Kindgirls and Chive surfing. Much sadness.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2013-05-23, 09:09

"...and Chive surfing."

<Google>Did you mean "Chav Surfing?"</Google>

AWR
Veteran Member

2013-05-23, 09:16

One of your favorite words/concepts, Moogs. I know you love to hate them (fine line with hate to love). I like also how you've been picking up the slack in general posting, covering all threads with aplomb. Muchas.

Hope it picks up for you in the right way soon, Mr. Canada. It's not Breaking Bad bad I hope.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-05-23, 09:58

Moogs did such a great job yesterday, I think perhaps I can top it.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2013-05-24, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR View Post
One of your favorite words/concepts, Moogs. I know you love to hate them (fine line with hate to love). I like also how you've been picking up the slack in general posting, covering all threads with aplomb. Muchas.

Hope it picks up for you in the right way soon, Mr. Canada. It's not Breaking Bad bad I hope.
Is that last line for Murbot or me? Did you learn to write at Chav Academy? Tough stuff, in'it? He's the drug dealing Canadian, not me.

(Sorry Murbot I had to tell them about your new cocaine ring based on the new crack: cocaine sliders. Cocaine powder around a solid maple syrup base, rolled in bacon bits and deep-fried in bacon fat, taken with chocolate-covered popcorn and Nyquil shooters.)

And people wonder why the guy has 3 houses now and a minority stake in the Calgary Flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Moogs did such a great job yesterday, I think perhaps I can top it.
There is no topping the untoppable. 19 uninterrupted posts, as I gauged the dedication of this forum. I posted more in one day than I had in the prior month probably.

Seems Fridays activity picks up considerably. My science experiment (rumor had it the forum was dead but today's data proves otherwise) was a grand smash. Or something.