User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Morotola iPhone vs iPod flash

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Morotola iPhone vs iPod flash
defaultmike

2005-01-07, 09:17

so, what would y'all rather get, an iPod flash (rumored 1-2Gb memory) or a Motorola iPhone (the one that'll come with iTunes rumored to be a middle tier phone). Though it might be a bit too early to speculate on that... well, why not? I think i'd go with the phone. that way, I don't have to carry to things. + it will take compact flash cards, so you could pick the capacity that suits you best...

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-01-07, 09:47

When you say "middle tier" on this phone, what does that mean pricing-wise? $300? Higher? Lower?

Also, would it work with any provider (Cingular, in my case)?

In answer to your question, it just all depends. I have a 15GB 3G iPod 4GB+ spare room on it, so I've got no desire for a flashPod (but might give it as a gift). But the phone, if it was nice and small and looked "Apple-y" and could carry some songs, had Bluetooth, etc. (I do like the idea of having all my contact info safe on my computer, and just transfer/sync it to the phone as needed).

If I lost or damaged my current phone, I'm faced with re-entering tons of names and numbers again, manually, from scratch...ugh.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-07, 10:19

Neither exist. So, this would belong in the Speculation and Rumors forum.

I'm not moving this thread, though, because there are plenty of threads about both. Please read the global forum announcement before creating a new thread.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.