Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Multiple itunes Accounts and ICloud

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Multiple itunes Accounts and ICloud
awilso

Send a message via Yahoo to awilso  
2012-03-05, 16:15

I apologise if this has been brought up before - I did do numerous searches of the forums and couldn't find anything.

I have three accounts in itunes, A UK account, a French account and a US account. All of these I have garnered over the years as a result of living and working in different continents. I always thought it was a good system and it worked well for me. However I am now faced with HAVING to move to icloud - or am I? I don't really know. What's worse is that i am told that i can only have one account with a 90 day rule. What is going on?

I can understand that Apple might think in a parochial US-centric manner, but the rest of the world in Polyglot and multicultural, what about us. Do I have to burn everything on to CD again in order to protect my purchases or are they going to realise that the globe is a bit bigger than a small part of infinite loop.

What gives?

The force is strong in this one
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2012-03-05, 17:03

You don't have to "move to iCloud" (from where?), nor does activating iCloud for one of those accounts somehow lessen the experience with the other two accounts. You can indeed only activate the iCloud features with one such account at a time, which is a bummer, but isn't a step back from previous versions.
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-03-05, 17:29

One problem I ran into was on my MBP, when I signed into the Japan iTunes Store and (accidentally) enabled automatic downloads. I use iTunes Match on my iMac, where my main library is; when I signed back into the US store on the MBP so I could re-enable Match, I was given the 90-day error dialog. Quite annoying.
awilso

Send a message via Yahoo to awilso  
2012-03-07, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
You don't have to "move to iCloud" (from where?), nor does activating iCloud for one of those accounts somehow lessen the experience with the other two accounts. You can indeed only activate the iCloud features with one such account at a time, which is a bummer, but isn't a step back from previous versions.
Somehow it seems clumsy and has added a level of complexity into my life that wasn't there before. I don't regard it as a step forward.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-03-07, 09:59

The whole iCloud/iTunes Match thing to me has been a jumble job. Between overwriting and duplicates, it's been a headache.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2012-03-07, 13:39

You only *have* to move to iCloud if you want iTunes Match.

If not, just keep doing what you're doing. No worse than today.