User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MBP new case
tim2006

2006-11-30, 20:18

Thoughts on a re design to the MBP. My thoughts are prob a mag latch. anyone think that there will be any more changes to the design.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2006-11-30, 21:07

I'm not so sure, unless there's a smaller MBP coming. The larger (heavier) screens on the MB may need some sort of positive engagement to keep the lid securely closed. Then again they may not, in any case the magnetic latches on MBP seem to work very quitely and fluidly -- much better than the sometimes schitzo latch on my PB12"...

What people tend to ignore is how subtly the product has evolved since the original Powerbook Titanium. Just little things, but the standard of fit and finish has now reached a very high level, and it's really nice to use. The new hidden iSight indicator, the lit-up keyboard, improved airport sensitivity, better heat dissaption, etc etc...

It doesn't seem to really need a freshening up just for the sake of it, but OTOH, it's always a pleasure to see Ivy work his magic anew...

PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2006-11-30, 23:25

I like mechanical latches as long as they work right. All-magnetic latches don't have the issues of getting out of whack/not working right like my iBook's has started doing.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-11-30, 23:59

I don't have a problem with mechanical latches either, though I feel spoiled by the magnetic ones on my wife's MB. Then again, they could always go back to a design the like the G3 iBook I just got that has no latch at all.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.