WTF Is Wrong With People?!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
WTF Is Wrong With People?!
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-04-11, 08:50

Cookie monster no longer to eat cookies and won't sing C is for cookie anymore!

WTF?!

Man, the world to come is going down the shiter.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-04-11, 09:05

i kept trying to find the April 1 date on that article.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2005-04-11, 09:05

I would watch this informative show but I am afraid I might break a nail while turning on the TV.

Firmly in the "C is for Cookie" camp.

:smokey: :smokey:

Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-04-11, 09:12

You know, when I was little and watched Sesame Street, Cookie Monster was always a fun character. I didn't have the urge to stuff my face with cookies because of him. Maybe it's because my parents taught me basic manners.

Jeez. This is retarded.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2005-04-11, 09:13

Wel, I for one don't think this addresses the real problem here. What poor child who watches cookie monster wouldn't attempt to stuff cookies in their face by the double fist-full, barely chewing and yelling, "yum yum yum!" all the while? Do you realize what knid of choking hazard that presents?! Unless he starts eating Cheerios and Lifesaver candies, I fear children will continue to harm themselves.

_Ω_
Veteran Member

2005-04-11, 09:19

I am sure the starving kids in Ethiopia never understood how he would "spill" all of his cookie.

Show me a Cookie Monster that actually ate a cookie. He has an eating disorder. We should be helping him overcome this problem!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-11, 09:23

I heard this on the radio a month ago and saw it on TV about a week ago. It's no joke.

The Sun doesn't do a good job of shining light on all of the facts, though. Cookie Monster is still going to comically gorge himself on cookies and the occasional plate, but he's also going to have some veggies in there and is going to ask if it's okay to pig out instead of just going at it at any time.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

2005-04-11, 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
The Sun doesn't do a good job of shining light on all of the facts, though. Cookie Monster is still going to comically gorge himself on cookies and the occasional plate, but he's also going to have some veggies in there and is going to ask if it's okay to pig out instead of just going at it at any time.
Why don't they just chop his nuts off? Asking permission for a Cookie gorge? Veggies? These children will grow up to be more fsked up than MJ's nose.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-11, 09:34

Right. Because current young viewers and viewers-to-be are soooo enthralled and mesmerized by and psychologically dependent on the old Cookie Monster. Changing him to have a little more *gasp* self-control or *double-gasp* responsibility for his health would shatter these children's lives forever!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-11, 09:34

Careful not to get TOO upset about this latest round of boneheadedness and weineedom, fellas...lest you be labeled the dreaded "Angry White Male" (hey, it had no relevance in that other thread either, I'm just saying...).

_Ω_
Veteran Member

2005-04-11, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad

Right. Because current young viewers and viewers-to-be are soooo enthralled and mesmerized by and psychologically dependent on the old Cookie Monster. Changing him to have a little more *gasp* self-control or *double-gasp* responsibility for his health would shatter these children's lives forever!
Me joking. Personally don't give a toss, though he was part of my childhood before that pretender Elmo came along.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-11, 09:46

There's probably a nice balance to be struck, but I hope it's done with moderation. No one wants to see a total conversion to the Carrot Monster. Just isn't quite the same...

I was always an "Electric Company" man, myself...
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-04-11, 09:57

fuck... i used to sing c is for cookie... i am as thin as a rail and always have been... cookie monsters gratuitous use of cookiage served as a deterent to the same behavior -- it was vile in its singular mindedness...
ast3r3x

2005-04-11, 10:00

The only real problem I have is the fact that I think this will make cookie monster less fun.

Even today if you see cookie monster devour a plate of cookies going "yum yum yum..." while cookie pieces and crumbs are flying EVERYWHERE, it puts a smile on your face.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

2005-04-11, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
Careful not to get TOO upset about this latest round of boneheadedness and weineedom, fellas...lest you be labeled the dreaded "Angry White Male"...
Well, I think the point here is that it's all supposed to be in good fun. Well, that, and a bit of edumacation for the tykes.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-11, 11:35

http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2005/pvp20050408.gif
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2005-04-11, 12:10

That sums it up nicely I think Kickaha.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2005-04-11, 12:24

I hate liberal bastards that won't take care of their kids. Who decided it was the TV's damn job to educate our children? I hope I never turn into one of those hopeless assholes.

Raise your own damn kids. If the Cookie Monster bothers you, turn off the damn TV!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-04-11, 12:34

What does liberal vs. conservative have to do with this? My parents are extremely liberal but they didn't leave me to the TV. I will not let this degrade into a political brawl. We're all better than that.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-11, 12:43

Ooh, an optimist!
billybobsky
BANNED

2005-04-11, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz
I hate liberal bastards that won't take care of their kids. Who decided it was the TV's damn job to educate our children? I hope I never turn into one of those hopeless assholes.

Raise your own damn kids. If the Cookie Monster bothers you, turn off the damn TV!
What Luca said and then this:

Where do you get off saying that this is a liberal thing? Most liberal parents I know provide stimulating environments for their children beyond the television; its the conservatives who fear the encroachment of popular culture on their precious children... this is very much a conservative approach to parenting, period.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-11, 12:51

Oh brother.

It's a moron's approach to parenting, and morons are in both the liberal and conservative camps, in spades.

Comprende?

The liberals will blame the conservatives, the conservatives will blame the liberals, and BOTH WILL PROVE THE FRICKING POINT OF THIS THREAD, THAT NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

Jesus.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-04-11, 13:20

Right on, twatwaffle.

Or should I say twat#
ast3r3x

2005-04-11, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
The liberals will blame the conservatives, the conservatives will blame the liberals, and BOTH WILL PROVE THE FRICKING POINT OF THIS THREAD, THAT NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

Jesus.
Exactly, but seriously, the other side is a little worse

I'm just kidding, it's those damn canadians.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

2005-04-11, 13:27

I've known liberal folks who don't even own TVs. I've met conservative folks who don't trust what's on TV no matter who made it. I've also known liberals who are too "busy" to raise their kids well and use the TV as a surrogate parent in their absence, and conservatives who have a laissez faire policy to parenting as well. So it's not so much liberal versus conservative as involved versus irresponsible.
billybobsky
BANNED

2005-04-11, 14:16

Sorry... I was trying to make a point that you can argue both sides... it didn't come out that way...
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-04-11, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
Exactly, but seriously, the other side is a little worse

I'm just kidding, it's those damn canadians.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-11, 17:12

Any minute now... any minute... SuperVocano / Asteroid / Massive Gamma Ray Burst will hit, and the world will end to be reborn again some other time.

What a bunch of crap. Next thing you know Bert will be taking anti-depressants because his grumpy mood also sends the wrong message.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2005-04-11, 19:08

My apologies for using the wrong word. I didn't mean to kick off a massive debate about liberal vs. conservative. That was completely the wrong word to use and I apologize (I was brought up in an extremely conservative home. I'm not really conservative any more, but sometimes when I get really fired up about something I launch into one of my Dad's tirades about "liberals" screwing up the country, when really I think it's got nothing to do with being liberal or conservative and more to do with accepting other people than anything else.)
billybobsky
BANNED

2005-04-11, 19:31

Alright then... moving along...

What type of weak willed program producer do you have to be to cave to the shear idiocy of whomever suggested that cookie monster is a bad example?