AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Accepting Online Checks

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Accepting Online Checks
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-12-20, 17:28

I'm supposed to make a website for someone, but uh...I don't really know how. This is just a shot in the dark incase anyone here knows how but...

I know how to do everything, except I was thrown when he said he wanted to be able to accept checks. I've never done this or seen this done except at my credit card company website to pay my bills. Can anyone suggest an open source or software that I can use to do these this?

I was looking at OSCommerce, but I didn't see the ability to do the checking thing. I don't get how financial transactions work though. I could build a site and a store, and have it be secure, but once I get their information, I don't known what to do with it. All the ones that you pay for, like worldpay or 2checkout charge you per transaction. Is OSCommerce free or how does that work?

I am just very iffy about making my first online store, because there is a lot more pressure working with people's financial information.